• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How much time for workout?

Alfred

[banned as spam]
Hey..
Guys i just want to know how much time do you spend in your workout...???
share with me...

Esther12

Well, as you will know from your reading of this forum, most people here warm up with an hour or so of swimming, before moving on to a more intensive weights programme.

What is the point of you Alfred? Why have you been asking these questions around the internet? Do androids dream of electronic sheep?
share with me...

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Alfred, i think you maybe a higher function cfser then most here at the moment, which doesnt mean we dont acknowledge your condition. Many of us were at a higher level and slowly deteriorated over time, many of us have pushed ourselves into crashed states before until we learned to back off and stop hurting ourselves. All i can say is be careful and dont push too hard or u could possibly 'crash'. i would look into weight training with very low reps between 1-3 reps and lots of time between sets. Maybe pick one exercise that covers a few muscle groups like squats and do maybe 5 sets of 1-3 reps, rest plenty so your not out of breath, rest a couple of days before using another exercise. This seems rediculously low compared to most non cfsers but if u train right u can make good gains. I did for a few years until i just could recover from it or work or do family chores etc, something has to be given up, work and money are the most important at the moment. All depends on individual circumstances.

good luck

xrunner

In the gym about 30min twice a week. As I rest a couple of minutes between sets, the actual exercise time is around 15min. Once a week I do 5min cycling, 30secs x2r all out. I exercise my back every other day for about 5min. At present this is the max I can do without compromising other physical activities.

Esther12

Alfred's not right. He's posted loads of identical posts around the internet on different forums, without engaging in a conversation. Not too sure why.

u&iraok

Well, Alfred if you're randomly joining forums to talk about exercise, you picked the wrong forum. But if you want to know how much time I spent BEFORE I got ME/CFS, 1 hour 3 or 4 times a week including aerobics/functional fitness, weight training, core work/pushups, balance work and stretching. For a while there, I was rollerblading a lot. Those were the days!

Now--stretching only, every other day. I plan to incorporate a little core work and weight training back in, maybe, if it doesn't tire me out.