The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How many subgroups? "As many as there are patients."

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by dannybex, Feb 26, 2011.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    I thought this interview with De Meirlier and Hyde was interesting, especially De M's comments about a majority of patients having food intolerance or digestion issues (either months previous to a "sudden" onset or during illness), his impression that there's no 'one cause', and in particular his comment about subgroups (at 7:30 into the interview):

"How many different subgroups do you think would exist within the ME/CFS patients?"

"As many as there are patients."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHWf1yJRac&feature=related

2. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    TY Danny

This is a great video

glen

3. Marg

Marg Senior Member

Wetumpka Alabama
    Very good thanks!

4. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Enjoyed the comment on "sub-goups" dannybex "as many as patients" - always felt any attempt on that score was totally artificial and thoroughly unhelpful. One disease - from which the "damage" to various systems may vary.

5. Gemini

Gemini Senior Member

6. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    De Meirleir says he's not happy with an improvement of less than 90% in someone under 30. Can he really keep this "promise"? Have you heard of many such outcomes after treatment by him?

7. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Thanks for posting this ... His treatment is what my integrative doc has been doing too except we haven't focused on all those viruses and bacteria yet ...

He said that his expectations for any of his patients over 50 and with other autoimmune diseases was a 50% recovery. WELL, if I didn't have OI, I might be there but as long as I HAVE to lay down every few hours, I'm still too disabled to function ... bummer ... x

See more popular forum discussions.