1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 1: Autoimmunity and ME
Mark Berry begins a series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with a look at three presentations on autoimmunity
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How many people in this forum were born by C-section?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Radio, Mar 2, 2014.

?

How many people in this forum were born by C-section?

1. C-section

13.6%
  2. Normal brith

86.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    I suspect my mother may have had some sort of postnatal depression after having me.
    But of course, there could never be anything wrong with her.:angel:
    It was all my fault.
    I did it to her deliberately; :wide-eyed: I was an evil baby; :devil: she'd been given the wrong one.:rolleyes:
    MeSci, GracieJ and Radio like this.
  2. GracieJ

GracieJ Senior Member

Utah
    @peggy-sue This is so off topic, sorry, @Radio. Have you seen the devil baby video making the rounds? Lol :devil: :rofl:
    Radio likes this.
  3. acouchy

acouchy

Canada
    So happy that someone asked this. I have been thinking a lot about this topic lately. I was born premature via C-section. I also was not breastfed because my Mom was very ill with some sort of flu, developed toxemia and was placed under quarantine for several weeks.

I have been hearing more and more lately about immunity and the importance of breastfeeding. I really wonder if this has played a part in this illness. Has anyone thought of doing a breastfed vs. non-breastfed poll?
  4. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    Born by C-section? No idea.
    Breastfed? No idea.

My father even had trouble remembering what time of day I was born when I asked him.

Ever had the feeling no one gives a $£%& about you...?
  5. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i was C section and not breastfed. i have always suspected that this has played some kind of role in my developing this illness. i have read that breastfed children have an IQ 5 points higher, on average, than non-breastfed children. i also had several ear infections as a child and always had a problem with fungal infections in general.

also had tonsils and adenoids taken out at a very young age....i think they make important immune cells.
  6. Research 1st

Research 1st

Would it be possible to add to, or make a new poll associated to this thread?

I think there are two important factors that could be added that could make the normal birth vs C-section interesting:

1) Is the mom sick with ME CFS too?
    2) Did the mom have a blood transfusion before the ME CFS sufferer was born.

See more popular forum discussions.