• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How many people have had their 1,25 Vitamin D tested? Debunking the Marshall Protocol

roxie60

Response to earlier post I was dx hypothyroid a little over a year ago. So guess I'm a case where vit D going down in spite of being treated for hypothyroid

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I feel the same. But I am confused what is causing vit d to drop

Well thats something we simply cannot know, although is clear the sicker you are the more likely to have low vit D. Personally I think is a consequence rather than a cause of chronic illness.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I will probably try one last time supplementing vitamin D. Candidates are mycellized or Vitashine derived from lichen. Other attempts have proven to be highly placebolic despite very promising studies showing deep impact on sleep.

I am taking Vitashine. I started with 2500 iu a week, and increased it gradually. I upped it to 2500 every 2 days on 14th March, and on the 18th developed what appears to be a cold or flu! I hadn't had one of those for at least ten years, probably longer. My temperature has also gone up and was in normal range on one occasion. My visual focus has changed - haven't worked out quite how it has changed yet.

I definitely feel different in several ways - not all 'good', but could actually be good signs - I just don't know.

I don't know if there is any connection, or whether this could be immune system starting to normalise after almost 3 years on leaky-gut regime.

All very intriguing!

I thought I'd mention it here in case there is any connection with the Vit D.

EDIT - in case you don't know, Vitashine is on special offer on the Vitashine website. Here is the shop page for Spain.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Tested many times, always fine but once that was low. The repetition was fine again.

Well thats rare. Even healthy people find they have low D3. Good for you though, thats one thing in your favour.

PD: ¡Hola, por cierto! ;)

Ninan

Old thread but I just got my vit-D from KDM.

25-OH-vitamin D 28,6 (range 30-100)
1,25 -di-OH-vitamin D3 99,2 (range 20-75)

I have had low vit D levels as long as I can remember, but never measured this way. Trying to understand what to do. The levels don't seem to affect anything really, when I take a lot and my level is up I don't think I feel better. So should I stop taking D3?

pattismith

I have not specifically investigated this other than superficially. I know, anecdotally, that some benefit from the MP, some don't, and some get worse. We need to know about subgroups and we don't.

High 1,25 D is claimed to be from inflammation, but that inflammation does not have to be from pathogens. So our 25 D gets converted by the kidneys to 1,25 D. Under these conditions adding vit D will just raise something already too high.

It always pays to get 1,25 D checked.
It seems that low 25D + high 1.25D is what we get when we have not enough calcium intake!

https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/activated-vitamin-d-vs-25ohd-levels-what-should-you-measure/

Leopardtail

I am taking Vitashine. I started with 2500 iu a week, and increased it gradually. I upped it to 2500 every 2 days on 14th March, and on the 18th developed what appears to be a cold or flu! I hadn't had one of those for at least ten years, probably longer. My temperature has also gone up and was in normal range on one occasion. My visual focus has changed - haven't worked out quite how it has changed yet.

I definitely feel different in several ways - not all 'good', but could actually be good signs - I just don't know.

I don't know if there is any connection, or whether this could be immune system starting to normalise after almost 3 years on leaky-gut regime.

All very intriguing!

I thought I'd mention it here in case there is any connection with the Vit D.

EDIT - in case you don't know, Vitashine is on special offer on the Vitashine website. Here is the shop page for Spain.
Vitamin D is 'hearsay wise' reported to lower Cortisol production and likely affects sleep through that vehicle but only if Cortisol is raised.

The one bit of definite science I am aware of is that the Thymus has vitamin D receptors (it transforms lymphocytes into their active forms. Vitamin D is widely reported to be both anti-inflammatory and essential for the immune system. I am not sure how solid the science is on the later points, its not something I have thoroughly researched as yet.

I am curious about the vision, has it improved, or worsened. And how are you feeling now?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Vitamin D is 'hearsay wise' reported to lower Cortisol production and likely affects sleep through that vehicle but only if Cortisol is raised.

The one bit of definite science I am aware of is that the Thymus has vitamin D receptors (it transforms lymphocytes into their active forms. Vitamin D is widely reported to be both anti-inflammatory and essential for the immune system. I am not sure how solid the science is on the later points, its not something I have thoroughly researched as yet.

I am curious about the vision, has it improved, or worsened. And how are you feeling now?
I am not good at all - the post by me that you quoted is over 2 years old. My vision is not too bad, but I had a weird attack in 2016, affecting my brain and putting me in hospital, and have not recovered. No one seems to know what it is/was.

I quit the Vitashine.