1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How many of you CFS/ME patients have GHD?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Tired of being sick, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Tired of being sick

Tired of being sick Senior Member

Western PA USA
    or have never had your human growth hormone levels checked?

If it is a high %age I will then believe that this is the root of most or all of symptoms..

HGH is to humans as oil is to the combustion engine..

I strongly suspect my levels to be low to absent

I will have my results for HGH levels by august 7th 2014

2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Community Support Volunteer

USA
    That is interesting you bring this up and my endo tested my HGH twice (by blood test) and both times it was low. He said there is a very elaborate, time consuming test which confirms if it is really low and this test is required by insurance companies (in the U.S.) before HGH shots can be given. I never pursued this test as he found I had thyroid issues and we decided to treat that first.

I do not remember what the elaborate test is called but has anyone here done it and in regards to CFS diagnosis, is it worth the effort?

See more popular forum discussions.