The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How many hours do you sleep?

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Banana94, Dec 6, 2017.

1. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    When I first got ill at age 15, I had hypersomnia.

The last few years now I sleep 6-8 hours with cannabis. It's better when I get 8.

After that 6-8 hours, I always get that horrible state of feeling too dead to get out of bed for a while.

2. frederic83

frederic83 Senior Member

France
    I needed 8 hours, now after 11 years of CFS I need 10 hours.

3. tinacarroll27

tinacarroll27 Senior Member

UK
    I have terrible insomnia. I can't get to sleep till around 3 am then I'm awake at 8 am: So around 5 hours. I feel better with 8 hours but I struggle to get it. I never sleep during the day. I wish I could get better sleep but I am a really light sleeper and I keep waking up. I can't seem to get into a deep enough sleep to stay asleep

4. Sarahloudobby

Sarahloudobby

I sleep about 8-9 hours at night but do nap too. I have to have nights where I catch up as I call it and go to bed for 11/12 hours usually just after our kids have gone to bed.

5. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

South East England, UK
    I get around 6 1/2 hours or a bit less. If I get 7 hours it helps me not to have a short sleep after lunch. Usually that's around 20/30 minutes.

If I get more than 7 hours without waking in the night I will usually get a nasty migraine so for me more sleep is not good.

Pam

6. swatch

swatch

I need eight hours of sleep per night. If I go to bed late, I only get six. But then I'm so exhausted, I can hardly function.

See more popular forum discussions.