• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How many hours do you sleep?

When I first got ill at age 15, I had hypersomnia.

The last few years now I sleep 6-8 hours with cannabis. It's better when I get 8.

After that 6-8 hours, I always get that horrible state of feeling too dead to get out of bed for a while.

tinacarroll27

I have terrible insomnia. I can't get to sleep till around 3 am then I'm awake at 8 am: So around 5 hours. I feel better with 8 hours but I struggle to get it. I never sleep during the day. I wish I could get better sleep but I am a really light sleeper and I keep waking up. I can't seem to get into a deep enough sleep to stay asleep

Sarahloudobby

I sleep about 8-9 hours at night but do nap too. I have to have nights where I catch up as I call it and go to bed for 11/12 hours usually just after our kids have gone to bed.

bertiedog

I get around 6 1/2 hours or a bit less. If I get 7 hours it helps me not to have a short sleep after lunch. Usually that's around 20/30 minutes.

If I get more than 7 hours without waking in the night I will usually get a nasty migraine so for me more sleep is not good.

Pam

I need eight hours of sleep per night. If I go to bed late, I only get six. But then I'm so exhausted, I can hardly function.