• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How many Gulf War/Middle East members on PR?

Diwi9

Administrator
@5150 - I'm sorry how badly affected you are. If we don't have answers at this point, it is because of politics. We are split into different syndrome groups...but the symptoms have substantial overlap. While the etiology that may vary, I think that as science gets better at understanding this illness, we'll find that the mechanisms overlap too.

@5150 - I'm sorry how badly affected you are. If we don't have answers at this point, it is because of politics. We are split into different syndrome groups...but the symptoms have substantial overlap. While the etiology that may vary, I think that as science gets better at understanding this illness, we'll find that the mechanisms overlap too.

hey I'm doing ok. Just gotta keep moving and finding all the Expensive supplements required. It isn't pushed too often, but it costs Tons to be sick.

pretty sure I have the worst version there is ! my cohort drags ass bad :)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
From Jarred Younger's lab today, http://www.uab.edu/cas/psychology/research/gulf-war-illness-study:

Banner_Research.png

Gulf War Illness Study
Did you serve in the Persian Gulf War? Have you been affected by Gulf War Illness (GWI)? You may be eligible to participate in one or both of our new research studies at the UAB Neuroinflammation, Pain & Fatigue Lab.

Eligibility
Interested in Participating?
TAKE THIS ONINE SURVEY TO BEGIN THE STUDY SCREENING PROCESS

We are looking for male veterans with Gulf War Illness or Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, as well as healthy Gulf War veterans to participate in our research studies.

To participate you must:
  • be a male between the ages of 39-65
  • have been present in the Persian Gulf between 1990-1991
  • either be:
    • a Veteran suffering from Gulf War Illness (GWI) or
    • a healthy Gulf War Veteran.
OR
  • be a male with Fibromyalgia or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

wastwater

I wondered if it would be worth studying what causes goldenhar syndrome as there is meant to be a slight increase in gulf war vets offspring
What would mutate genes like that
I was also wondering if anyone has come across arthrogryposis multiplex congenita and possible zika connection

Last edited:

pattismith

Do we know to what OrganoP were exposed GW veteran?

I was myself exposed on irregular basis to Dichlorvos + Fenitrothion from an insecticide pet spray between 1993/2002.
(then this spray was prohibited in my country because carcinogen)

I had a major crash in 2002 at a time I needed extra-energy, then in 2003 I caught a lung bacteria Bordetella Bronchiseptica that is supposed to infect only animals, and only very rarely human ( and only if immune compromised)...

Since that time I got several relapse of bronchitis, that I now suspect to be BBronchiseptica relapses...

Scientific research on veterans is very important, they represent an homogeneous group exposed to identifyed toxics, so more easily studyed by scientists than we are. We shall learn a lot from it!

mariovitali

Just today, @pattismith has posted a paper suggesting a connection of Liver disfunction due to organophosphates :

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...e-dichlorvos-and-mitochondria-toxicity.54754/

Organophosphates are hypothesised to be responsible for Gulf War Syndrome.

I am really happy that a possible connection of GWS, ME/CFS is being considered. As discussed :

As Research progressed, i began realizing that there were several syndromes that had very similar/overlapping symptoms. According to the hypothesis being discussed here, these potentially associated Syndromes of unknown origin are the following :

-Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
-Post-Finasteride Syndrome
-Fibromyalgia
-Post-Accutane Syndrome
-Post-Treatment Lyme disease syndrome
-Gulf War Syndrome

http://algogenomics.blogspot.com.cy/2016/12/welcome-to-algo-genomics.html

As previously hypothesised, the most probable culprit is the Liver. I really hope that OMF or Younger (who i have just contacted) begins Fibroscan tests to ME/CFS patients:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-17-research-update.49749/page-17#post-857103

Last edited:

picante

There was a member of PR (I am blanking on his name or I would tag him for you @Diwi9) who got Gulf War Syndrome from a vaccine but he was never in the military. I wish I could think of his name!
You are thinking of @morse27, a Frenchman who received the H1N1 vaccine in 2009(?). He was never even in the Persian Gulf.

It was a doctor from GSK pharmacovigilance who diagnosed him with Gulf War Syndrome. One of his posts: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-in-gulf-war-illness-591-3.32359/#post-590028

anni66

mum to ME daughter
You are thinking of @morse27, a Frenchman who received the H1N1 vaccine in 2009(?). He was never even in the Persian Gulf.

It was a doctor from GSK pharmacovigilance who diagnosed him with Gulf War Syndrome. One of his posts: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-in-gulf-war-illness-591-3.32359/#post-590028
There was a Scots soldier who had all the vaccine shots but wasn' t deployed. His immune system was damaged and he sued to get his pension. Similar symptoms.

picante

There was a Scots soldier who had all the vaccine shots but wasn' t deployed. His immune system was damaged and he sued to get his pension. Similar symptoms.
According to Dr. Nicolson's book, many soldiers who wound up with GWS were not anywhere near the action. Some were way off the coast on ships. Some never deployed. The book talks about finding Mycoplasma fermentans incognitus (Mfi) in about half of the veterans they tested. Many family members ended up getting it, too, after the return of these soldiers. He also mentions soldiers from other, subsequent wars who came down with GWS.

The Nicolsons also had people in Texas come asking them about the illness they and their families were getting. These families all had someone working in the local prison, where the prisoners had the illness. The sick family members all tested positive for Mfi, which clued them in about the bioweapon experiments being done with Mfi in the Texas prison system.

So it goes beyond vaccines and neurotoxic exposures. For many, the Mycoplasma infection is a factor, if not the main cause, since they recover by taking doxycycline. The infection is known to reactivate, so they need to take the antibiotic from time to time.