1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How long does Genetic Genie take?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Sea, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    I've followed the instructions to upload my 23andme data to Genetic Genie. It says the upload can take a while, but how long is a while? It has currently been 30 minutes with no status bar to indicate that anything is happening.
  2. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    Try it again - it took twice for mine
  3. kday

kday Senior Member

If you are using Safari for Mac, the web browser itself has a bug when uploading that Apple hasn't fixed in years. I used a workaround for that bug, but javascript has to be enabled and I'm not 100% sure it works 100% of the time as I have had some Safari users have trouble still. I don't know why this is as I can't reproduce it on my end in any version of Safari.

Also, sometimes uploads get corrupted in the process (especially on a slow or unstable internet connection), and just fail. So you just do it again. Pretty soon, the site will connect directly to 23andMe, so users will not have to upload anything. It will be as simple as clicking a button. This should make it so easy, even your grandma can do it (no offense to grandma's). :)
  4. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    Thanks kday. I started with Safari then changed to Firefox. Got there in the end.

See more popular forum discussions.