• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How long did it take to get 23andme results back?

Would anyone mind posting how long it took for their 23andme results to get back? On their website they say will take four to six weeks, but I would like to know someone's actual time it took to get them back.

Thanks

Symptomatic

I think mine took two weeks (not more than 3), but I sent it in around T'giving last year. I'm sure they are swamped now that they've lowered their prices.

Mine took 33 days. They received mine on Jan 10th and results just posted today.

Patrick-congrats on getting your results back yesterday. So far, have you been able to decipher the results? I know it's soon, but do you have an idea what your course of action will be in dealing your mutations? They received my sample on January 19th, and I was hoping to get lucky and get my results back around three weeks. However, they do say on their website it takes 4-6 weeks. It seems like if they aren't having a promotion that the results come back within two to three weeks.

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
Patrick-congrats on getting your results back yesterday. So far, have you been able to decipher the results? I know it's soon, but do you have an idea what your course of action will be in dealing your mutations? They received my sample on January 19th, and I was hoping to get lucky and get my results back around three weeks. However, they do say on their website it takes 4-6 weeks. It seems like if they aren't having a promotion that the results come back within two to three weeks.

Ktred, I'm just starting to realize what an enormous Pandora's box I've opened. I've run my results through Genetic Genie (which is fantastic), but that's just the start. I'll probably spend several months studying up on the methylation cycle, epigenetics, etc. by reading heartfixer, Yakso's book and forums related to MTHFR, before I even begin to prepare a plan , let alone act on it. I want to do this, hopefully, just once, and do it right.

brenda

Do they send an email to say the results are ready?

I just logged in and it says my sample was received on 16th January and to allow 6-8weeks for results.

Gamboa

Ktred, I'm just starting to realize what an enormous Pandora's box I've opened. I've run my results through Genetic Genie (which is fantastic), but that's just the start. I'll probably spend several months studying up on the methylation cycle, epigenetics, etc. by reading heartfixer, Yakso's book and forums related to MTHFR, before I even begin to prepare a plan , let alone act on it. I want to do this, hopefully, just once, and do it right.

Wow...it all sounds very complicated. What would you recommend I read? I see you mention something called heartfixer. Is this a book?

By the way, my sample was received Jan 25. I'm expecting it to take at least 4 weeks most likely 5 or 6 since they are so busy since dropping the price. It's all very exciting and gives me something to look forward to ( and study ).

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
Gamboa Heartfixer is a website. Here's the link.

brenda I don't think they sent an email. I think I just logged in and saw the results were ready. Wow, if they're saying it now takes 6-8 weeks, that's a very recent change. It said 4-6 weeks only last week.

Sea

Sea, I'm only three days behind you so I'm excited too. How long did it take for your sample to get to California from Australia?
I sent my sample off 9th Jan so it took a week which I thought was pretty good.

My log in page says allow 4-6 weeks so mine must have been logged before Brenda's even though we both have the 16th Jan as date received.

Update - yesterday it said 4-6 weeks, today it says 6-8 :(
Oh well, used to having to be patient with this illness