Fluge & Mella's pre-trial study highlights life-changing potential of rituximab
Sasha gives the background and Simon gives the interpretation of the latest study from Haukeland, published today...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How long before low dose naltrexone works?

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by LJBluesky, Sep 30, 2013.

1. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    Halved my LDN dose and tried again last night. I had difficulty getting to sleep (awake til nearly 3 am) but when I slept, I slept hard….. untiil 1 pm. I'll let you know how I feel when I actually wake up lol.

Is it mandatory to dose at bedtime, or would it hurt to take the LDN earlier in the evening and maybe avoid the insomnia?

Attached Files:

2. bertiedog

bertiedog Senior Member

@SDSue I have been on just 1 mg LDN since 18 June and it started to help within 4 weeks. I noticed much better energy and mood and as time has gone on this has continued and I haven't had a migraine for over 2 weeks whereas I had them almost daily. The only time I haven't done well is when I am herxing with the herbal treatment for Lyme disease which is the case the last 3 days. I am very sensitive to meds and haven't been able to go above 1 mg but don't seem to need to either.

I have only ever taken it between 8 am - 9 am, it works just as well,

Pam

SDSue likes this.
  3. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    The instructions my doctor gave me was to take it at exactly the same time every evening, it had to be after 9pm and before 2am.

SDSue likes this.
  4. not-crushed

not-crushed

I'm sorry, but I think you're terribly incorrect. I started at 3mg and it worked the first day, and still is. I personally know other people who have used it and have received immediate results, although it takes time for others. LDN blocks receptors and causes your body to up it's endorphin production. Also, I think it's wrong to say that most people start at extremely low levels. From everything I've read and people I know, most people start at 3 to 4.5 mg. I've had ME/CFS for more than 8 years and so far, this is among the most significant improvements.

ggingues likes this.
  5. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Yeah, I didn't start at a low level, started in a crash, dialed it down/off for a few weeks, then slowly tapered up by 1.5 mg increments.

GG

PS glad it has helped you, I've been on it since 2009, never stopped purposely, I think I forgot it in my sleep meds for a week. Think I did notice a little something negative while being off it, not sure what that was though now :(

See more popular forum discussions.