• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How I recovered.

Hugocfs

A few of you know me. I was on disability due to cfs/me and use to post on a regular basis. For the most part, I have recovered so I thought I would share my experiences in case someone else might be able to benefit.

I began the "Oxford" peptide shots starting in early September of 2013. By November 1st, 2013 I was back at work part time (2 hours/day). January 31, 2014 I was full time (but not full speed). Over the course of a year, I got 12 shots of HS (homeostasis) at $325 a pop. Needless to say it was money well spent. They ran their course but I needed further recovery so I tried GD (geriatric disorder) shots. After about 6 shots, I saw no further improvement with GD so they were discontinued.

Around the time that I was discontinuing the GD shots, I started on the rotary diversified diet of Theron Randolph. I saw big improvements too with the diet. I began feeling even better almost immediately. Within a few months, I was off of atenolol and after about a year I no longer needed to take clonazepam. The diet is not for everyone. You have to be pretty desperate to stick with it. But I had (have) plenty of motivation. I never want to go back to that horrible place I was stuck in. I literally would rather die than go back. Besides, the standard American diet is really not good for you. Just look around.

Although the peptide shots and the diet have helped me the most, they were not the only things such as:
Vitamin D for dizziness
LDN for pain and burning in my shins
remeron for sleep
Gupta ART for stopping negative thoughts and bolstering my confidence to return to work
removal of laminate flooring in my house for generally feeling better

How's life now? Other than being tormented by a husband and wife team at work who didn't want me to come back, it is so much better. In fact, I went on a business trip to India last month. I'm not 100% yet, but 99% for sure. I am still trying to tweak things by 23andme and nutrition. Or maybe I am just getting old now?

My hope is that someone gets something out of my story. Of course,what worked for me may not work for others. My advice is to try the rotary diversified diet first. Second, if that doesn't get you to full recovery and you can afford it, I would try the "Oxford" peptide shots. The most you have to lose is about $1000. If you don't experience any improvement after three shots, they aren't going to work for you and you should stop anyway.

Some are skeptical of the peptide shots since there is not much known about them. Here's what I little know about them:
They were developed at Oxford University. The Oxford Research group has treated over 80,000 patients.
Your body naturally produces peptides. It is how your body communicates with itself. Something happens to your body (such as infection or overexertion) so that your body no longer produces the correct peptides. The therapy works by reintroducing the correct peptides. Your immune system has a memory so that over time with reintroduction of the correct peptides your body begins producing them on its own.
There are only about 20 medical doctors in the US that have been trained in their use.
The shots are not FDA approved.
The doctors administering them have to refer to them as "amino acid solution injections". If they call them peptides, they can be shut down by the FDA hence the reluctance to advertise other than by word of mouth.
You can wait about 15 years for Big Pharma to come out with their own peptide shots, but you will lose a lot of time waiting and pay a lot more in the end.
There are peptides available for many different conditions besides cfs/me such as autism (treatment not a cure), hypothyroidism, Sjogrens, and allergies. Apparently they are developing a peptide shot for high cholesterol. After I finished with the GD shots, I took the TY (thyroid) series of shots. I no longer take levothyroxine.
My doctor is a D.O. who has a very busy family practice and doesn't need peptides to keep him in business. He's just extremely bright and wants to help people who can benefit from the therapy.

CCC

This is very encouraging. Congratulations.

How would someone know whether this would be worth chasing up or not? What are the relevant symptoms?

Hugocfs

Look up rotary diversified diet on the internet. Better yet buy the book, An Alternative Approach to Allergies, The Field of Clinical Ecology Unravels the Environmental Causes of Mental and Physical Ills by Theron G. Randolph and Ralph W. Moss. It's only about $15. Then give it a try to see if it works for you. My relevant symptoms? I had full blown cfs/me. For example, I would work my way up to five or six minutes on the treadmill at 2 mph. That would be too much for me. I would crash and then take another 2-3 weeks to recover.

CCC

Sorry, my bad. I was more interested in the peptide treatment. I've never heard of it.

Billt

Can you give any more information on the peptide shots ? Seems to be very little out there and nowhere to find any doctors that do this.. Thanks

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
A few of you know me. I was on disability due to cfs/me and use to post on a regular basis. For the most part, I have recovered so I thought I would share my experiences in case someone else might be able to benefit.

I began the "Oxford" peptide shots starting in early September of 2013. By November 1st, 2013 I was back at work part time (2 hours/day). January 31, 2014 I was full time (but not full speed). Over the course of a year, I got 12 shots of HS (homeostasis) at $325 a pop. Needless to say it was money well spent. They ran their course but I needed further recovery so I tried GD (geriatric disorder) shots. After about 6 shots, I saw no further improvement with GD so they were discontinued.

Around the time that I was discontinuing the GD shots, I started on the rotary diversified diet of Theron Randolph. I saw big improvements too with the diet. I began feeling even better almost immediately. Within a few months, I was off of atenolol and after about a year I no longer needed to take clonazepam. The diet is not for everyone. You have to be pretty desperate to stick with it. But I had (have) plenty of motivation. I never want to go back to that horrible place I was stuck in. I literally would rather die than go back. Besides, the standard American diet is really not good for you. Just look around.

Although the peptide shots and the diet have helped me the most, they were not the only things such as:
Vitamin D for dizziness
LDN for pain and burning in my shins
remeron for sleep
Gupta ART for stopping negative thoughts and bolstering my confidence to return to work
removal of laminate flooring in my house for generally feeling better

How's life now? Other than being tormented by a husband and wife team at work who didn't want me to come back, it is so much better. In fact, I went on a business trip to India last month. I'm not 100% yet, but 99% for sure. I am still trying to tweak things by 23andme and nutrition. Or maybe I am just getting old now?

My hope is that someone gets something out of my story. Of course,what worked for me may not work for others. My advice is to try the rotary diversified diet first. Second, if that doesn't get you to full recovery and you can afford it, I would try the "Oxford" peptide shots. The most you have to lose is about $1000. If you don't experience any improvement after three shots, they aren't going to work for you and you should stop anyway.

Some are skeptical of the peptide shots since there is not much known about them. Here's what I little know about them:
They were developed at Oxford University. The Oxford Research group has treated over 80,000 patients.
Your body naturally produces peptides. It is how your body communicates with itself. Something happens to your body (such as infection or overexertion) so that your body no longer produces the correct peptides. The therapy works by reintroducing the correct peptides. Your immune system has a memory so that over time with reintroduction of the correct peptides your body begins producing them on its own.
There are only about 20 medical doctors in the US that have been trained in their use.
The shots are not FDA approved.
The doctors administering them have to refer to them as "amino acid solution injections". If they call them peptides, they can be shut down by the FDA hence the reluctance to advertise other than by word of mouth.
You can wait about 15 years for Big Pharma to come out with their own peptide shots, but you will lose a lot of time waiting and pay a lot more in the end.
There are peptides available for many different conditions besides cfs/me such as autism (treatment not a cure), hypothyroidism, Sjogrens, and allergies. Apparently they are developing a peptide shot for high cholesterol. After I finished with the GD shots, I took the TY (thyroid) series of shots. I no longer take levothyroxine.
My doctor is a D.O. who has a very busy family practice and doesn't need peptides to keep him in business. He's just extremely bright and wants to help people who can benefit from the therapy.

Last time we discussed these 'Oxford peptides' we could find no evidence they had anything to do with Oxford University. If 80,000 people have been treated there should be publications and there do not seem to be. The comment about the immune system makes no sense and I wonder where it comes from. If the people administering these shots are calling them something they are not it strongly suggests that what they are doing is illegal and fraudulent. To be honest the account given above is about as classic a description of quackery as one could hope for. I just wonder whether these shots actually exist.

Hugocfs

Sorry, my bad. I was more interested in the peptide treatment. I've never heard of it.
Before I started the peptides, I was told by my doctor that there was no guarantee that the peptide shots would work. You just had to try them and see. If they did not start to work within three shots, there is no sense in continuing the full series of 12.

Seven7

Seven
@Hugocfs Oh my send me the info I will try!!! I have been wondering if you were well tx for the update you made my day!!!

I am doing very well too! I ended up having colitis I think that kept me down. Since treating that I am finally seing progress!!

Hugocfs

Last time we discussed these 'Oxford peptides' we could find no evidence they had anything to do with Oxford University. If 80,000 people have been treated there should be publications and there do not seem to be. The comment about the immune system makes no sense and I wonder where it comes from. If the people administering these shots are calling them something they are not it strongly suggests that what they are doing is illegal and fraudulent. To be honest the account given above is about as classic a description of quackery as one could hope for. I just wonder whether these shots actually exist.

I'm sorry if my comment about the immune system makes no sense. I have no medical training and I am just recounting what the doctor told me in the Fall of 2013. My memory could be faulty and/or my doctor was putting things in a too simplistic manner so that I could somewhat grasp the concept. (Or perhaps there is something about peptides that you don't know?)

The peptide shots are not illegal or fraudulent. The shots are not FDA approved, but the FDA knows that they are being administered. They just insist for some reason (pressure from Big Pharma?) that they be called "amino acid solution injections" instead. I don't know for sure why the FDA frowns on the peptide shots, but apparently they do. My impression is that the doctors involved as a result like to stay below the radar and only advertise by word of mouth.

If you calling me a quack, I think some people around here can vouch for me as a real chronic fatigue patient with real (and severe) chronic fatigue symptoms in the past. If you are calling my physician a quack, you couldn't be more wrong. He is a D.O. and licensed to practice medicine in Florida. It wasn't long after I started seeing him that I made him my primary care physician. Imo, he's actually quite brilliant, but he says that the other physicians in the group and especially the peptide researchers are the incredibly smart ones. I think you should keep an open mind and avoid casting aspersions. If you don't believe that myself and others have received the shots, I can email you a copy of my receipts, lol.

I think you read what you want to read. I know the peptide shots are expensive and not everyone can afford them. A lot of my improvement came after the peptide shots were discontinued when I started the rotary diversified diet and then again after the laminate was removed from my home. I wonder if I would have done just as well with the diet and environmental modifications alone. So I always recommend that people try the diet first. But there can be no denying that the peptide shots got me off the mat and back to work in a relatively short period of time. And I am sure it is not all a placebo effect. I tried so many different things prior to the shots that I should have recovered from one of them long before I tried the peptide shots.

You may ask why am I posting now? Basically there are four reasons. First, I think I was suffering from something like psychological trauma or shock after going through five or so years of cfs-hell. I couldn't believe what had happened to me and wanted to forget everything about the experience. Some of my not posting earlier was also due to the influence of Ashok Gupta who recommends staying away from forums like this because they can be too negative. I was sure when I did post about my recovery I was going to experience some hostility (like yours) and I was right. Third, I wanted to make sure my recovery was real and not something short-lived that might end in relapse. Finally, I want to help some others in case what worked for me might help someone else. I feel as if it is almost my obligation to throw a life line and help save at least one other person with cfs.

Hugocfs

@Hugocfs Oh my send me the info I will try!!! I have been wondering if you were well tx for the update you made my day!!!

I am doing very well too! I ended up having colitis I think that kept me down. Since treating that I am finally seing progress!!
I will PM you. Glad to hear that you are much better too :)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Finally, I want to help some others in case what worked for me might help someone else. I feel as if it is almost my obligation to throw a life line and help save at least one other person with cfs.
Thanks for posting--we've missed you! Glad to know that you are doing so well.

JES

Thanks for posting. I think there is indeed some reason for doubting that the improvement came from the peptide shots, a term I'm not familiar with as well. In your story there are quite a few other factors, including as you mention diet, environment changes, physchological trauma, etc. Knowing that CFS in some cases can recover spontaneously as well, and all other factors now at play, I wouldn't advertise this treatment as cure.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
I'm sorry if my comment about the immune system makes no sense. I have no medical training and I am just recounting what the doctor told me in the Fall of 2013. My memory could be faulty and/or my doctor was putting things in a too simplistic manner so that I could somewhat grasp the concept. (Or perhaps there is something about peptides that you don't know?)

It seems hard to see how you could come away with this impression without something roughly of that sort being said. It is nonsense, so I have serious doubts about the competence of the person who said it.

The peptide shots are not illegal or fraudulent. The shots are not FDA approved, but the FDA knows that they are being administered. They just insist for some reason (pressure from Big Pharma?) that they be called "amino acid solution injections" instead. I don't know for sure why the FDA frowns on the peptide shots, but apparently they do. My impression is that the doctors involved as a result like to stay below the radar and only advertise by word of mouth.

This is not credible. Amino acid solutions and peptides are quite different. The FDA could not possibly allow peptides to be given as amino acid solutions. The fact that doctors are 'wanting to stay below the radar' seems to me a clear indication that the administration is not legal. It just makes no sense.

If you calling me a quack, I think some people around here can vouch for me as a real chronic fatigue patient with real (and severe) chronic fatigue symptoms in the past. If you are calling my physician a quack, you couldn't be more wrong. He is a D.O. and licensed to practice medicine in Florida. It wasn't long after I started seeing him that I made him my primary care physician. Imo, he's actually quite brilliant, but he says that the other physicians in the group and especially the peptide researchers are the incredibly smart ones. I think you should keep an open mind and avoid casting aspersions. If you don't believe that myself and others have received the shots, I can email you a copy of my receipts, lol.

I am not calling you a quack, clearly. And I have a very open mind. However, from the description you give it is hard to draw any other conclusion than that the physician is a quack. I do not know what a DO is but being licensed to practice in Florida, or London, is no guard against phoney medicine.

If this is bona fide you should be in a position to provide public information about it. Injecting peptides is potentially dangerous so safety information should be available. If these are not in fact peptides but amino acids then calling them peptides would seem to me to be fraudulent.

I think you read what you want to read.

If there was public information on the net about this product it would be reasonable to think you had just misunderstood things. But since there appears to be nothing publicly available I think we have to assume that this is not a legal ethical medical activity.

Last edited: