• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How I Recovered from Chronic Fatigue

acer2000

Metronidazole treats more than Giardia. Its quite broad spectrum, making it hard to know exactly what was treated in your case. But its very encouraging!

Art Vandelay

I've taken Metronidazole (flagyl) a few times and it didn't help me. It does have some pretty awful side-effects, so be careful if you take it.

I did have a similar experience to the original poster in that I took a 2 week combination of bactrim and tinidazole to treat a persistent blastocystis infection. Over the course of the treatment, I passed some very bright green stools and started to feel a lot better. At the end of the two weeks, virtually all my IBS and ME/CFS symptoms had gone and I was able to work full-time for the first time since I had gotten ill. To feel normal and healthy again after all those years of illness was amazing.

Unfortunately it didn't last. After about a month, all my symptoms gradually returned and I was just as ill as I'd ever been. Another course of the same antibiotics made no difference.

Last edited: