1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How-I-Recovered-From-CFS-part 2

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Radio, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

Diet is a HUGE priority.

From the study above it shows that food can be a very helpful way of naturally increasing net antioxidants. However; the real problem is due to eating a bad diet.

Most of us have an imbalance of liver Phase I to Phase II detoxification. Most processed food these days are GMO. The last thing someone with any chronic illness needs is to be eating a diet high in GMO's. GMO's inhibit the ability of cytochrome P450 enzymes in the liver. Almost every processed food product you find will have some GMO ingredients in it. Look at this picture from 3 years ago:
    [​IMG]
    http://media.treehugger.com/assets/images/2011/10/20111012-gmo-infographic-percentages.jpg

Here is a great image showing how this can affect us.

[​IMG]
    http://tuberose.com/Liver_Detoxification.html

GMO's also create dysbiosis by killing off good bacteria.
    The PST (Phenol Sulfur Transferase) Enzyme can be overloaded by toxins and excess phenols quite easily, once this happens we can no longer oxidize sulfur to sulfate.

We can see how important sulfate is here:

Anyways I could go on and on, I don't want to make this post too long though. I hope you see how important diet can be.

This is great article for more reading:
    www.naturalnews.com/039743_processed_foods_eating_reasons.html
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    Asklipia and Radio like this.
  2. Radio

Radio *****

Hey Dog,

Thanks for pointing out the other contributing factors. Nice work! :thumbsup:
  3. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I think the heat @Radio is getting is a bit unwarranted, he is undoubtedly trying to help. Yes, based on the diagnostic criteria of ME/CFS he did not have it (Dysautonomia, PEM, etc..) but obviously had chronic fatigue and an underlying mitochondrial dysfunction. Radio, not trying to discount any of your suffering but for some of us with ME; fatigue, weakness and fluish symptoms are at the bottom of the list of ailments. The severe neurological symptoms and brain dysfunction seem to rain supreme. I think this may be why some feel that this method may not be as effective, as their disease process is different.

However, that being said, Radio is outlining a complete and a holistic approach to chronic illness. I believe that everyone's path into this was different and has different underlying factors. Therefore, everyone has a different path out so his approach may not be the solution for all.
    Anyone who has done research into Dr Myhill though will see that Radio follows a very similar system so there is some validity to this approach. Regardless of our individual illness these tactics could help anyone with overall health, disease or not.

I had to chuckle at the comment that Radio has a mental illness; he obviously has extreme passion for sharing his ideals and I for one welcome the information he or anyone shares.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
  4. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Senior Member

Washington State
    Why not just give everyone Ritalin? That would sure take care of a lot of "fatigue."
  5. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I'm sure it would, but that wouldn't address the cause. We find the underlying factors, we have a chance of beating this disease.
    maryb, tdog333 and Radio like this.
  6. CFS_for_19_years

Washington State
    But Radio has admitted that he doesn't have CFS/ME. He has "drug-induced chronic fatigue." Those are his own words.
  7. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

What does the message Aerose typed have to do with whether or not Radio has CFS? He simply said we need to address the underlying causes.

You will find quite a few people on this forum who have had CFS for many years due to fluoroquinolones and other causes. Do only people who develop fatigue due to a virus have CFS?
    maryb likes this.
  8. CFS_for_19_years

Washington State
    @tdog333, It was Radio himself who said he had drug-induced chronic fatigue:

9. Radio

Radio *****

CFS_for_19_years@

1. I have been battling the coxsackie-virus for many years possibly related to the cause of my FM.

2. The drug that induced my CFS was nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug called TORADOL®

3. I had many of the diagnostic criteria diagnose by functional medicine practitioner who specialize in CFS.

4. I also had a mouth full of sore related to coxsackievirus.

The drug that induced my CFS some how possibly activated the coxsackievirus.
  10. CFS_for_19_years

Washington State
    Having many of the diagnostic criteria is not the same. One could say that someone with narcolepsy or Parkinson's disease or Lyme disease would have many of the diagnostic criteria of CFS/ME, but that doesn't mean they have CFS/ME.

Here's the CCC criteria, just to refresh your memory:
    http://www.mecfsforums.com/wiki/Canadian_Consensus_Definition

1. Fatigue: The patient must have a significant degree of new onset, unexplained, persistent, or recurrent physical and mental fatigue that substantially reduces activity level.
    2. PostExertional Malaise and/or Fatigue: There is an inappropriate loss of physical and mental stamina, rapid muscular and cognitive fatigability, post exertional malaise and/or fatigue and/or pain and a tendency for other associated symptoms within the patient’s cluster of symptoms to worsen. There is a pathologically slow recovery period usually 24 hours or longer.
    3. Sleep Dysfunction:* There is unrefreshed sleep or sleep quantity or rhythm disturbances such as reversed or chaotic diurnal sleep rhythms.
    4. Pain:* There is a significant degree of myalgia. Pain can be experienced in the muscles, and/or joints, and is often widespread and migratory in nature. Often there are significant headaches of new type, pattern or severity.
    5. Neurological/Cognitive Manifestations: Two or more of the following difficulties should be present: confusion, impairment of concentration and shortterm memory consolidation, disorientation, difficulty with information processing, categorizing and word retrieval, and perceptual and sensory disturbances – e.g. spatial instability and disorientation and inability to focus vision. Ataxia, muscle weakness and fasciculations are common. There may be overload1 phenomena: cognitive, sensory – e.g. photophobia and hypersensitivity to noise and/or emotional overload, which may lead to “crash”2 periods and/or anxiety.
    6. At Least One Symptom from Two of the Following Categories:
      1. Autonomic Manifestations: orthostatic intolerance neurally mediated hypotension (NMH), postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), delayed postural hypotension; lightheadedness; extreme pallor; nausea and irritable bowel syndrome; urinary frequency and bladder dysfunction; palpitations with or without cardiac arrhythmias; exertional dyspnea.
      2. Neuroendocrine Manifestations: loss of thermostatic stability – subnormal body temperature and marked diurnal fluctuation, sweating episodes, recurrent feelings of feverishness and cold extremities; intolerance of extremes of heat and cold; marked weight change anorexia or abnormal appetite; loss of adaptability and worsening of symptoms with stress.
      3. Immune Manifestations: tender lymph nodes, recurrent sore throat, recurrent flu like symptoms, general malaise, new sensitivities to food, medications and/or chemicals.
    7. The illness persists for at least six months: It usually has a distinct onset, **although it may be gradual. Preliminary diagnosis may be possible earlier. Three months is appropriate for children.
    I can copy and paste just as fast as you can, see??? I've got to watch TV now, bye.
    Radio likes this.
  11. kyzcreig

kyzcreig

This would work until you collapse from comorbid conditions. This is essentially what I did when I first got ill, ADHD meds, caffeine, and various other stimulants.
    tdog333 likes this.
  12. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

@CFS_for_19_years

I can't even begin to imagine the trials you have been through after having this disease for 19 years + I'm sure in that time you have seen lots of different theories come and go and be proven only to be disproven. I've only had this a short time and I already understand the let down of hoping you have found a possible answer only to find it fleeting.

I think that whether or not Radio had real ME doesn't matter too much- he simply found his way out of his situation. For some of us it may not be the same route or may not even be fully possible but it can't hurt to look at all avenues. Maybe there is someone else on here who can improve 20% from Radios protocol, and if that's the case I would say his posting of information has been benefitial.

Personally I don't care if someone got CFS or ME from shooting too much heroin- if they found a way out I'm interested to hear if I can learn from it.

I actually had to laugh a bit because I have every single symptom you listed under the CCC criteria- and many more. If someone tells me they didn't have major, major brain dysfunction or dysautonomia or PEM then I personally don't even CONSIDER them to have ME, but Radios postings are still informative and I will accept his offerings. Hopefully it can help me some day down the road.
    maryb, tdog333 and Radio like this.
  13. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

I actually had a doctor TELL me to take Ritalin and caffeine because "there's no cure for CFS so we have to just treat symptoms" Yah, moved on from that doc quickly
    kyzcreig likes this.
  14. kyzcreig

kyzcreig

I bet. My favorite is when they tell you it's in your head. Small minds dismiss what they don't understand.
  15. Aerose91

Aerose91 Senior Member

Agreed. What arrogance to tell someone they are making up a disease just because you don't know what it is.
  16. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Note: This thread is locked pending moderation
    Kina likes this.
  17. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Please note:

I have edited some of the posts on this thread due to rule breaches -- personal attacks and posting off-topic comments. Please review our rules if you have noticed that your post has been edited. If you would like to discuss any edits, you can contact me via Conversation.

Please avoid personal attacks and stick to constructive discourse.

This thread will remain closed for a few days.

Thank you.

Kina (Moderation Team Lead)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

See more popular forum discussions.