Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How Gut Bacteria Are Shaking Up Cancer Research

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Sushi, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque

2. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

I'm convinced that my microbiome is my key to health. I took so many antibiotics a few years ago and I think I knocked my gut out. I have poor absorption etc. I am waiting eagerly for a breakthrough in this area.
    I've tried raw milk kefir, kombucha, CB, all kinds of stuff...

3. msf

msf Senior Member

Don´t make Prof. Edwards angry, he doesn´t believe in gut bacteria!

Haha, just kidding. It´s interesting though that some people are looking at the gut in many different different diseases. I think Prof. Edwards says that this is because it is fashionable at the moment, and I´m sure that is part of the answer, but it seems to me that this change in mindset is necessary when you have Gastroenterologists who don´t even suggest dietary changes when you go to see them with gut problems! I subsequently found that the FODMAP made a difference to almost all my symptoms, so I think the gut is definitely overlooked in some non-obvious cases.

helen1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.