Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How does low T4 affect B2 transport for those of us on T3 meds?

Discussion in 'Thyroid Dysfunction' started by BadBadBear, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I don't, but a couple of days ago I took my low dose B complex which contains two miligrams of B2 and a few hours later it went ALL down the toilet, my pee was very yellow. I think it means I am currently not able to utilize it

I re-read a few old posts recently and @Asklipia reported that taking Manganese with B2 prevented loss of B2 in the urine.

My concerns about Mn right now are

• I might be intolerant to it right now - the last time I took it I had unpleasant joint issues (felt like joint weakening?)
    • I read that Mn blocks uric acid elimination (my serum uric acid is currently sky high)

BadBadBear likes this.
  2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I bet it is in my thyroid caps. I will have to check with the pharmacist. I will have to get a medical order to be able to change the excipients in my thyroid replacement :ill:

BadBadBear likes this.
  3. BadBadBear

BadBadBear Senior Member

Rocky Mountains
    Ooh, I am going to try subbing out my PM half tab of T3 for half of an NDT tab every 4 days or so. I like that idea a lot! Maybe an occasional micro-dose will be well tolerated and helpful. :)

pattismith and CFS_for_19_years like this.
  4. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

Thank you so much for your investigations !

BadBadBear and picante like this.

See more popular forum discussions.