• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How does glutathione methyl-trapping work?

PeterPositive

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find what I am looking for via the search function.

I am following a methylation protocol and my doc wants me to also take oral reduced glutathione (GSH) which I understand can cause methyl-trapping. I have already take some glutathione last years with no ill effects, but now I should take a larger dose. (1-2g / day)

Can you please direct me to discussions and/or articles that talk about this issue more in detail? I'd like to send these resources to my doc and discuss the issue with him. I am not sure he knows anything about it.

Also, if you have had any direct experience with the issue let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.
Peter

PeterPositive

I have read the article and started watching the videos which are very interesting. However I don't seem to be able to find where he is arguing about Glutathione causing methyl-trapping as I have seen mentioned often times in this forum.

I guess Freddd is among those who recommend avoiding extra glutathione while taking methylation supplements.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I didn't have time to peruse all the info I linked to but I do remember reading Rich VanK saying that supplementing with Glutathione was in his opinion not helpful because the problem was (upstream/downstream?/whatever).
I thought I'd covered it with the links I sent.

Maybe someone else knows where to find this.