1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How do you find your ideal thyroid dosage?

Discussion in 'Thyroid Dysfunction' started by newbie73, Oct 8, 2010.

1. newbie73

newbie73

My doctor, despite being a holistic practitioner, "prefers" that I not use too much pharmacological assistance, however I know my body and know what works and what doesn't (been taking herbs and supplements for years now to no real benefit).

I just started Armour Thyroid, my body is responding very well to it though I am on a very low dose, despite having taken very high dosages of thyroid supplements (such as Nutri-Meds, among others).

How have you adjusted your thyroid dosage to find the optimal levels for you? How do you use your labs to support your thyroid dosages? For reference, my latest levels (with supplementation) are:

[BEFORE SUPPLEMENTATION / AFTER SUPPLEMENTATION]

[TABLE] Jan 2010 Sep 2010
    T3 Total 0.84 0.8
    T4 Total 7.37 6
    Free T3 2.82 2.36
    Free T4 1.04 1.43
    TSH 1.38 0.57

TRH Stim 3.2[/TABLE]

My doc keeps focusing on the labs being "normal" and pushing me to take all kinds of herbs, supplements, etc even though a small dose (1/2 grain) of armour is showing positive results.
  2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    besides a blood test, how your feeling also helps as well as morning body temp which should be about 36.3 celsius approx????

See more popular forum discussions.