1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How do you feel after you eat?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Junto, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    Agree with you there Sea.There's nothing 'normal' about how utterly crap I feel after I've eaten. I am now eating very small meals and trying to snack a bit to make up - but family meals are diffcult. I've been drinking a lot more but then I seem to be retaining the bloomin'fluids Arrgh can't win! lol.
    And the Siesta is about full on heat of the day. In Italy where my son was for a time the siesta was to get out of the sun and then at night shops and resturants and so on stayed open well into the night and heavy meals were eaten then too - without needing to stop the fun afterwards.

I also wonder about the afternoon slump thing. I remember studies that suggested business lunches should be alcohol free as it affected post lunch productivity.
    Sea, ahimsa and taniaaust1 like this.
  2. LiveAgain

LiveAgain

I get very spacey and brain foggy after I eat - (well foggier I'm already chronically dizzy). It comes over my brain like cloud and I feel like I can't focus my eyes. I have POTS, but I feel like there's more to it than that. Heavy carbs are definitely worse. I had a GTT years ago and it showed that my sugar didn't move - it didn't really dip or rise, the levels just stayed flat. I'm curious about getting the test done again, but with insulin levels.
  3. Junto

Junto

Thanks for the suggestion, I've been meaning to look into this for quite some time. I actuall just heard a podcast on Dr. Lo, she interviewed a Dr. who believes that SIBO is THE cause of Fibro in every case. This sounds a little over the top, but still worth looking into as he had a lot of good info. I think he conducted a study in which upon testing all of the subjects were found to have SIBO. SIBO can rob you of melatonin and tryptophan which could cause all the crap symptoms we have......theoretically.
    THanks again,
    Junto
  4. Shoesies

Shoesies Senior Member

Bloated, fat and sluggish, lethargic if I eat. Perfectly fine if I juice.
    Yocheved likes this.
  5. nanciswell

nanciswell

I get the dreaded catatonic sleepys/ depression where I feel drugged .. For me so far this is from ecoli bacteria stirred up in my upper intestine.. I take homeoapthic ecoli and that helps. THe ecoli is stirred up for me when I am treating for other bacteria as well as when I am detoxing the high oxalates in my body. I believe bacteria uses up things like oxalates and when they are being eliminated the oxalates are released causing what appears to be more problems .. THere is a natural hiarchy between bacteria. So when I went to eliminate mycoplasma all of a sudden a past salmonella infection took over.. This has been studied between cholera and salmonella / ecoli bacteria.. where once the cholera is killed off the other two grow in the gut...
  6. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    The food that makes me feel the best after eating is a salad.
    In the summer for dinner I often grate some carrot, also a wee bit of hard cheese, cut up some lettuce or salad leaves, 4-5 slices beetroot, 1/2 tomato, a wee bit of cucumber, 1/2 boiled egg, some sprouted beans and lentils, a little bit of chicken or ham slices and some mayonnaise.
    My stomach always feels good afterwards and I find an hour or two later I feel like I have an appetite and want to eat. Which is very good for me as most often I don't feel like eating.

See more popular forum discussions.