New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How do we stop heart disease (Atherosclerosis, Arteriolosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis, calcification)

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by prioris, May 9, 2017.

1. prioris

prioris Senior Member

Just for the record

Here's my recent test
    HDL 48.6
    LDL 164
    CHOL/HDL RATIO 4.7
    TRIGLYCERIDE 67.0
    CHOLESTEROL 226

HA1C% 4.4 (normal 4.0-5.7)
    I will start checking blood glucose levels soon

pamojja likes this.
  2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Short lived RBCs? I know this was the case for me when my HbA1c was 4.8 under a high carb diet and already taking warfarin.

Congrats on the lower Trig though.

pamojja likes this.
  3. prioris

prioris Senior Member

One test that may be worth getting in future is the Lipoprotein Particle Number and Size and Lipoprotein Subfractions until I can manage to get to location for ultrafast calcium scan.

who knows about ha1c ... could be short lived

P.S.
    My kidney seems to be very slowly getting better. Hopefully by end of month it will be better. I thought my lab tests would be an absolute horror show but everything came back normal although BUN was towards high end at 18 and GRT was 81. Need to improve those especially the BUN. I think what caused my kidney problem was a perfect storm of events and kidneys maybe under some stress already. I was doing phosphoric acid for cleansing gall bladder for 5 days, plus taking Modified Citrus Pectin and that Spinach combined with inflamed liver all combined to cause a cascade of events that became very painful kidneys and flank. That spinach is what really became the final nail. I ate the most spinach I ever ate in my entire life. All that oxalate hurt my kidneys. Vitamin C will definitely pull more oxalate into ones urine. Hopefully I get back healthier. I never count my chickens until they all hatch so will just continue healing and hope for no more roadblocks.

pamojja likes this.
  4. Gondwanaland

These have a highly acidifying effect on urine, add oxalates to the party and boom. Also if you cut carbs all of a sudden there would be ketonuria - more acidity = stones.

pamojja likes this.
  5. prioris

prioris Senior Member

P.S. I've been puzzled about my urinary irritation that doesn't go away. A light bulb went on today - i got interstitial cystitis I think even though I am male. Just another disease to throw on top of huge pile. It's a murky disease. At the rate I'm going, I should have personal experience with every known disease to mankind...LOL

Little Bluestem likes this.
  6. Gondwanaland

This could be oxalate dumping. A few years ago when I had no idea about oxalates, just by drinking apple juice my bladder would instantly be completely filled with stinging oxalate crystals. Cranberries help with that - it seems to stop the dumping.

pamojja likes this.
  7. prioris

prioris Senior Member

P.S. (means non heart disease related )
    Interesting. I think I will assume it is degeneration via aging. Bladder lining is becoming compromised. I will try to regenerate the lining probably hyaluronic acid (active ingredient in Cystistat) with collagen along with maybe some retinoic acid. will continue to research.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    pamojja likes this.
  8. prioris

prioris Senior Member

Here is what the results of my Lipoprotein LDL large and small particle test results look like. Many tests that require doctor approval can be bypassed by going online without doctor approval then going to lab. I used www.requestatestdotcom.

LIPOPROTEIN LDL Large and Small particle size Test

Total Particles
    HDL 27353 (21837-45671 n/mol/L)
    NON-HDL 2326 (1485-2986 n/mol/L)

HDL Particle Subfractions
    SMALL 21446 (17503-335394 n/mol/L)

LDL Particle Subfractions
    VERY SMALL-d 62 (88-187 n/mol/L)
    VERY SMALL-c 71 (86-203 n/mol/L)
    VERY SMALL-b 61 (73-236 n/mol/L)
    VERY SMALL-a 64 (49-249 n/mol/L)
    LARGE-b 357 (123-332 n/mol/L)
    LARGE-a 608 (123-402 n/mol/L)

IDL Particle Subfractions
    SMALL 344 (93-225 n/mol/L)
    LARGE 141 (152-319 n/mol/L)

VLDL Particle Subfractions
    SMALL 37 (57-124 n/mol/L)
    MEDIUM 36 (42-110 n/mol/L)
    LARGE 5 (9-36 n/mol/L)

Lipoprotein Subfractions (RISK)
    LDL PARTICLE NUMBER 1763 (HIGH) (optimal <1260)
    LDL SMALL 192 MEDIUM (optimal <162)
    LDL MEDIUM 348 (HIGH) (optimal <201)
    HDL LARGE 5907 (HIGH) (optimal <6996)

LDL PATTERN A
    LDL PEAK SIZE Angstrom 224.2 (A>222.5) (HIGH)

Not sure how to interpret LDL yet.

My vitaminD25 result was 50. I've been meaning to get this tested for so long. Finally I can cross this off my - Things to do while i'm still alive on earth - List

I have come across more people questioning the vitamin D level thing. Vitamin A is an antagonist to Vitamin D so the more A you take could supposedly effect the Vitamin D storage level and vice versa. I take fat soluble A.

P.S. On other fronts, the kidney inflammation thing is still puzzling me so continue to experiment

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    pamojja likes this.
  9. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Small LDL looks really good, as would to be expected from that almost perfect triglyceride level. Congratulations. The explanation in TrackYourPlaque, 2nd edition:

Also would get Lp(a), hsCRP, fibrinogen and homocysteine, if you haven't yet.

Also http://www.biomarkerbliki.org/ had good explanation of these tests, but seems offline now.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    prioris likes this.
  10. prioris

prioris Senior Member

I added some more data I didn't see to previous post

pamojja likes this.
  11. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria

Little Bluestem and prioris like this.
  12. prioris

prioris Senior Member

>Also would get Lp(a), hsCRP, fibrinogen and homocysteine ,if you haven't yet. ...

at some point i will (but first i need to survive this unknown kidney thing ... lol)

pamojja likes this.
  13. prioris

prioris Senior Member

>we aim to keep small LDL particles at no more than 30% of total LDL...

so my TOTAL LDL is 1763 ... small is 192

does this mean that as long as i stay below 176x3 or 528 for current reading, that it is within the 30%

pamojja likes this.
  14. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    1763 is the total LDL-particle number, for which below 700 would be considered optimal by Dr. Davis (your report says <1260).

Adding all very small LDLs up: 61+71+61+64=257, that still is below 30% of total LDL. So a mixed bag: small-LDLs are in the optimal range, LDL-particle number would still need substantial improvement.

prioris likes this.
  15. prioris

prioris Senior Member

Low TOTAL cholesterol is associated with high total mortality in patients with coronary heart disease
    Same goes for cancer patients. Higher total cholesterol is associated with higher survival.

16. Gondwanaland

17. Gondwanaland

pamojja likes this.
  18. Gondwanaland

My favorite carotenoid! But I am always chasing glutamate-free sources (guavas, carrots etc)

pamojja likes this.
  19. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    prioris and Gondwanaland like this.
  20. Gondwanaland

prioris and pamojja like this.

See more popular forum discussions.