• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How do we get Dr Nigel Speight's petition restored?

Chrisb

@Countrygirl
I wonder whether you could ascertain from NS whether there might come a stage of proceedings when indication of support would be considered helpful. There will no doubt come a stage when there is a substantive hearing and should the tribunal find against NS there would then be the opportunity for some form of mitigation before determination of the sanctions. At that point an indication of the degree of support which NS has might be considered helpful. The precise form of that expression would have to be carefully considered.

Countrygirl

@Countrygirl
I wonder whether you could ascertain from NS whether there might come a stage of proceedings when indication of support would be considered helpful. There will no doubt come a stage when there is a substantive hearing and should the tribunal find against NS there would then be the opportunity for some form of mitigation before determination of the sanctions. At that point an indication of the degree of support which NS has might be considered helpful. The precise form of that expression would have to be carefully considered.

Hi Chris,

Good idea.

Do I have your permission to forward your post to him and he could reply directly via me or anyone, if he chooses?

Yogi

Thanks to everyone trying their best @JaimeS @tinacarroll27 @Countrygirl for Dr Speight.

Always difficult to know what best when legal issues are involved.

Whatever the pro's and cons I feel that the groupcard serves a similar function like a formal petition.

http://www.groupcard.com/c/1pOfl_wAToT

It has over 1100 signatures in under 3 days and I understand people can still sign and leave comments.

Some of the comments are great. It could be used and relied upon for any proceedings like a petition (these would need to obviously be reviewed beforehand) by NS.

This shows the patient community support for NS. I bet the GMC will never had such an outpouring of support for a doctor they tried to censure.