May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How do I stop "next day" muscle aches ...?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by Bansaw, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Now it seems, after light yardwork I am experiencing next day muscle aches.
    Last night I just did some light weeding in the garden and now my arms are aching, my shoulders ache. I guess its because I don't do it too often, but these next-day muscle aches seem to be getting worse.

Any advice for me? Supplements.... Stretching .... whats worked for you?

2. Sherpa

Sherpa Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie

USA
    I hear ya! I decide to plant a tree on Saturday and I really ached and felt miserable on Sunday.

One supplement I'm taking that I believe can help withmuscle stamina is beta alanine - look into that one.

I think that taking Beta Alanine, d-ribose and Mangapower creatine before doing yard work can help. Any or even all of them at once. (5000mg d-ribose + 1600mg beta alanine + 500mg creatine etc.)

To get rid of the miserable aches, I am finding that a FIR heating pad (mine is Therasage, with jade stones) works very well and soothes it pretty quickly.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  3. MikeJackmin

MikeJackmin Senior Member

I consider the aches a gentle warning that I've been overdoing it. The last thing I'd want to do is to silence the alarm.

SOC and Mij like this.
  4. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Magnesium malate along with other magnesium helps me with those after exertion aches. For me the aches can come from the SLIGHTEST of exertions.

5. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Coenzyme Q10 at much higher doses than usual. :) 600mg at least. BEFORE you exercise.

-J

6. pogoman

pogoman Senior Member

Look into DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) treatments.
    Most googling will find athletic and body builder info but it is applicable to any level of muscle pain occuring hours later.

7. Bansaw

Bansaw Senior Member

Anyone used one of those Foam Rollers for Myofascial release?

8. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    There's a thread here and BCAA's. I think Mary started it.

9. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?

Cornwall, UK
    Please be aware that not everyone can cope with Co-Q10, even at much lower doses. Whilst Examine.com say
    this is preceded by
    Maybe that's what I had when I almost lost control of my bowels on the way back from the shops! I was only taking 100 mg a day. I also had dizziness and excessive hunger. When I tried it before (dosage unknown) I had
    disturbance of co-ordination and a numb and painful right hand (can't be certain about cause).

Erica Verrillo's e-book says:
    Verrillo, Erica (2012-09-14). Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Treatment Guide, 2nd Edition (Kindle Locations 12892-12894). Erica Verrillo. Kindle Edition.

See more popular forum discussions.