1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How did you do with testosterone?

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by JAH, Dec 28, 2013.

1. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Hello everyone,

So I just applied my first dose of testosterone cream and am wondering what your experience was. Searched the posts and didn't find too much info, maybe more bad than good. I'm taking it because my blood levels were below normal range (my doctor termed my levels to be "pathetic"). I'm starting on 2 mg and if I can manage it, increase my dose next month. He thinks my energy and stamina will improve.

Anyone share your experience?

Thanks, JAH
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    @JAH I have been using T in versa base cream. It actually hasnt done much for me. My free testosterone is still well below range. Im going to talk to my doc about injections, dosing 100mg once a week. It seems common that after a couple of montha T creams doesnt seem to cut it but think its apart of the process to try and if no effect than move to injections which seem to be the gold standard.
    JAH likes this.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I tried it, got super agro but no energy, so abandoned it. Though the agro started when I moved from cream to injections.
    JAH likes this.
  4. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    @heapsreal Thanks heaps, let us know how the injections work out
    heapsreal likes this.
  5. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Interesting. I am a little worried about becoming an a-hole :)
    alex3619 likes this.
  6. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    At least being an Ogre is more socially acceptable than having CFS. :devil:
    svetoslav80 and JAH like this.
  7. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Theres a few things to sort with trt (testosterone replacement therapy) to avoid side effects etc. Many doc give one big dose every 3 to 4 weeks so levels fluctuate alot and also more estrogen can aromatise from trt dosing this way. Lower more frequent doses are needed injecting 1 to 2 times a week stabilizes the levels which helps minimize mood changes. Also arimidex may be needed to control trt converting to estrogen. Most docs dont have a clue but there is good info on bodybuilding sites which generally have a section on trt. Not to be mistaken as bodybuilding type steroid cycle. So there is a right way and a wrong way to do trt. Also need to be comfortable self injecting.
  8. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I figure you are probably a guy.. many guys who have ME/CFS have done well with testosterone with us girls its a whole different story and one we've discussed a bit on the forums in the past. Most of us ME/CFS females who are deficient in testosterone (very common issue in ME/CFS).. find testosterone treatment more trouble then its worth.

For myself my testosterone implant caused me to feel very aggressive/aggitated and it also caused me a ton of sexual frustration as it put my already good sex drive up way too much. Testerone was aweful for me, so I rather risk getting osteroporosis and putting up with having a deficiency.
    JAH likes this.
  9. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    I should have mentioned this in my original post, I am a woman.

Sorry you had a bad experience, thanks for your feedback.

JAH
  10. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Thats a different spin on things.
    Women can get good testosterone boost from using dhea. Also another anabolic substances which has less typical testosterone side effects is deca durabolin or primobolan and are indicated for women with osteoporosis. Would also help if low in testosterone. But these substances dont seem as good as testosterone for men although they can add one of those substances to testosterone.
    JAH likes this.
  11. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    My dhea was also out of normal range low. Not sure why doc didn't put me on dhea, but in the past it has done nothing. I don't know if I have osteoporosis, but have been in bed for 25 years, so I'm at risk.

Did you find that time of day made a difference in applying the cream, or did it have any effect on your sleep? So far so good for me, but in the past hormone treatments have affected my sleep negatively.

Thanks for the info

JAH

See more popular forum discussions.