• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How can I heal my gut when it overreacts to every substance?

Fogbuster

@leela, thanks for the response. I actually did say I've been on the GAPS diet :). Been on the ghastly diet three times and Stone Age diet.

Both are elimination diets but GAPS is more restrictive. Meat, meat and bone broth and vegetables for the intro whilst slowly introducing ghee, kefir, probiotics and prebiotics.

Fogbuster

@leela

Haha, I think our combined fogginess has somehow merged into one brilliant foggy conversation! :)

What I meant is I had tried these diets ad nauseam and achieved no results.

As a last resort I will be trying an elemental diet, which is a liquid diet with all your daily minerals, vitamins, fats etc, which is what I will take 3x a day.

It costs quite alot so will make my own at a fraction of the cost (not affecting quality).

If and when I do it I will keep everyone updated.

Jamie

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Haha yeah the Fog makes some funny things. I have talked about the same thing two times with two different people here. Either them or me forgot about our last conversation. I also find that often I am reading some website or forum post that I have already read many times before...

For me brainfog is the Reign of the Loop, I find myself doing the same things again often, spinning the wheel. Is like an unpleasant dream, pretty suffocating.

chilove

Slippery elm and marshmallow tea did wonders for me. Look up online how to do a cold infusion and drink several cups per day.