1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Did You Have Yourself a Crashy Little Christmas?
Jody Smith may have dodged a holiday bullet this year. She's hoping. Only time will tell. How did you fare?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How can I heal my gut when it overreacts to every substance?

Discussion in 'Addressing Biotoxin, Chemical & Food Sensitivities' started by bedman, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Senior Member

@leela, thanks for the response. I actually did say I've been on the GAPS diet :). Been on the ghastly diet three times and Stone Age diet.

Both are elimination diets but GAPS is more restrictive. Meat, meat and bone broth and vegetables for the intro whilst slowly introducing ghee, kefir, probiotics and prebiotics.

leela likes this.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Senior Member

Will do @Beyond! Right back at ya! :thumbsup:

Beyond likes this.
  3. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Oh sorry @Fogbuster, I am quite fogged myself. i thought you were saying those diets hadn't worked and you were embarking on something new.

Fogbuster likes this.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Senior Member

@leela

Haha, I think our combined fogginess has somehow merged into one brilliant foggy conversation! :)

What I meant is I had tried these diets ad nauseam and achieved no results.

As a last resort I will be trying an elemental diet, which is a liquid diet with all your daily minerals, vitamins, fats etc, which is what I will take 3x a day.

It costs quite alot so will make my own at a fraction of the cost (not affecting quality).

If and when I do it I will keep everyone updated.

Jamie

leela and Beyond like this.
  5. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    Haha yeah the Fog makes some funny things. I have talked about the same thing two times with two different people here. Either them or me forgot about our last conversation. I also find that often I am reading some website or forum post that I have already read many times before...

For me brainfog is the Reign of the Loop, I find myself doing the same things again often, spinning the wheel. Is like an unpleasant dream, pretty suffocating.

Fogbuster and leela like this.
  6. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Slippery elm and marshmallow tea did wonders for me. Look up online how to do a cold infusion and drink several cups per day.

leela likes this.
  7. tyson oberle

tyson oberle

tampa, florida
    Specifically, what improvements did you notice with the slippery elm and marshmallow tea?

See more popular forum discussions.