• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hot spot on top of head??

Not sure how to describe this!!

I think it correlates to the times when I feel feverish with swollen glands sore throat etc. It is not a headache but mor a burning sensation in the midline at the top of my head. It feels like its inside rather than a skin sensation. its tender and hot to touch over the area and inside it feels like pushing and burning.

Its not always in the same exact spot but always in the midline and I guess its always betweewn where the front and back fontanelles are on babies if that makes sense. Does anyone else get this sort of thing?

Thanks

Jo

caledonia

Yes, I used to get hot toes on my right foot. It was the one symptom other people could actually feel! I've had other odd neurological sensations too, like the tip of my nose itches, prickling sensations in my guts and on my cheeks. These have gone away with naturopathic treatment.

In other words, I wasn't taking treatment specifically for the sensations, but just to fix general imbalances, and the sensations went away.