Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Horowitz Lyme and Co. Presentation (2014)

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Dufresne, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal
    @justy had the sound idea to post this talk to a thread of its own in the hope more people might stumble across it. There's a whole bunch of info in here that would likely help anybody with ME/CFS or MSIDS. And he delivers as good a lecture as just about anyone I've heard.

justy, sianrecovery, Sherlock and 6 others like this.
  2. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Great that this has it's own thread - such excellent (but long) lecture. I am still watching it in chunks rather than all in one go.

@Dufresne could you edit your title to include the word Lyme? that way when people search for things related to Lyme, this will come up.

3. RML

RML Senior Member

I watched this last week I think. Yes it is long, but very informative and found it so useful that I didn't really notice the length of it. I was particularly interested in the co-infections part , as have been researching Babesia lately after just starting treatment for it. I recently bought the Horowitz book too, but have not had the chance to tackle it properly yet, just a skim of it. So this presentation was a nice summary of it instead.

sianrecovery likes this.
  4. jess100

jess100 Senior Member

I think this was amazing and I learned so much from this-not just about Lyme but about inflammation and detoxing and cancer prevention.
    I would be interested to hear anyone else's take on this, and on Dr Horowitz.

5. Dufresne

Dufresne almost there...

Montreal

There's new stuff here.
    -good info on emerging strains
    -makes great points on persisters
    -apparently he's trying daptomycin in combos and seeing massive herxes in treatment resistant cases

And lots more. Well worth the watch.

Helen, justy, sianrecovery and 3 others like this.
  6. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    Thank you!

7. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Ha ha, typical M,E brain - didn't even realise I had commented on this thread and now don't remember watching the talk - i'll just have to watch it all over again!

See more popular forum discussions.