The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hormone Pellets

Discussion in 'Hormones' started by Snowcat, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Snowcat

Snowcat

Has anyone had any experience with injected hormone pellets and CFS?

I've had viral onset CFS with hormonal complications for 30 years. Several years ago, I found bioidential hormone replacement to be a useful tool to manage the hormone complications (low progesterone being the biggest one) but had to stop treatment for cost reasons.

I have now been offered hormone pellets, and I'd like to know if anyone with CFS (by which I mean impaired ability to recover from exertion) has had good or bad experiences with these kinds of hormone pellets.

Thanks.

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I was talking about that with someone since my hormones are a mess The problem she saw was once they're in you can't control the dose.

I know when I previously tried BHRT I had a lot of problems, reactions to one of the estrogens that was not good. I'd much rather use transdermal or patch than have something surgically implanted.

I stopped also because of the cost.

3. Snowcat

Snowcat

Thanks for the feedback, Minkeygirl. I had a good experience on BHRT, but that protocol stopped working as I got closer to menopause (and also had cost issues).

I'm intrigued by the pellets, but am also concerned that if a person has a negative reaction, I don't currently think they can be taken out as they are designed to dissolve over time. Between that and your comments I will look for more information.

See more popular forum discussions.