1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hormonal responses to exercise in chronic fatigue syndrome (Ottenweller et al., 2001)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

*I gave each sentence its own paragraph

heapsreal and Valentijn like this.
  2. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I always find exercise studies that find differences of interest. Here are some extracts:
    ---
    A subset of the the CFS subjects did not achieve maximum effort

Discussion:

heapsreal and Valentijn like this.
  3. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Final extract - thought I'd give it its own message:

Simon, heapsreal, Sea and 2 others like this.
  4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Interesting. Several attempts with exercise at different levels of function for me seem to possibly correlate with this. Pre cfs i would get that exercise high. With cfs and feeling crap there would be no exercise high just feeling sick and yuk as i attempted it and then paying for it for along time afterwards. When i have been feeling well and exercise with cfs i notice that same exercise high i use to get, now in the past if i continued to exercise and was well then the exercise high continued but then when it starts to disappear is when my general cfs starts to decline and after alot of unsuccessful attempts i notice this now and know its time to just stop altogether until i feel myself improving. These exercise attempts could be once session or have been semi regular over a few weeks.

Maybe this exercise high and feeling good is from noradrenaline and cortisol levels. I think our ability to recovery relates to good dhea, testosterone and growth hormone levels which poor sleep can blow these out of the water which i think can also be a reason for PEM??

Valentijn likes this.
  5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I think the PEM comes from OI (see the dinet forum and the struggles of the OI plp) IS something to do with the cytokines and the role they have on vassocontricion/dialiation, I am surprised they do not look at the known hormones for OI like neuroprenine (something like that) I think is time for the OI people and CFS to do a think tank also.

6. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Probably a big connection between hormones, cytokines, oi and pem. a study testing post exercise hormones and cytokines and maybe do positional blood pressure testing too and then again 24 hours later, with a control group?

7. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    @hearps You still get an exercise high? Mine has not come back yet!

GG

8. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    occassionally, depends how im functioning but havent done anything regular for months. played tennis last wednesday and felt really good afterwards, but sore the next few days but thats expected. Time again to test my boundaries??

9. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I get PEM even when OI is completely under control, or if I'm using muscles while laying down. BP and heart rate are normal then, but I still get very sick the next day.

OI does seem to contribute to a more immediate and short term exercise intolerance though.

lnester7 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.