• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hope for those with hard-to-treat intracellular infections.

msf

Haha, I'm not the right person to ask about that. I wasn't even aware it might be an issue - are all antibiotics toxic to mitochondria or just Doxy?

Martial

Haha, I'm not the right person to ask about that. I wasn't even aware it might be an issue - are all antibiotics toxic to mitochondria or just Doxy?

bacteriacidal antibiotics to a certain degree yes, floroquinoline antibiotics being particularly nasty. Usually in short term treatment it is not anything severe or permenant aside from quinoline class antibiotics, taking NAC can also help safe guard the mitochondria while on antibiotics. I just wonder if this form would be easier or harder on mitochondria, though it does seem very promising!