Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Homozygous Mutations in MTHFR (TT) And COMT (Val/Val)

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by BlackLabMom, Aug 23, 2015.

1. BlackLabMom

BlackLabMom

Hi all, I'm new here and was hoping for a little help understanding my genetic testing results. I had Genecept genetic testing done for treatment resistant depression after many medications didn't function as they should have. While I now understand what these things mean in terms of depression and my treatment, I would like a little help understanding what the results mean in terms of general health and what I need to do to help myself. It looks like the Genecept results differ from the other site many people use in that they aren't as specific, but here are the results from my report. So far I understand that I cannot process Folic Acid and have very low dopamine in my pre-frontal cortex but that's just about all! Any help would be very appreciated :)

5HT2C : C/C
    COMT : Val / Val
    MTHFR : T / T
    CYP3A4/5 : POOR METABOLIZER [BASELINE] *3 / *3
    SLC6A4 : [BASELINE] L(A) / L(A)
    DRD2 : [BASELINE] INS / INS
    CACNA1C : [BASELINE] G / G
    ANK3 : [BASELINE] C / C

2. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I don't know much about most of what you've listed. Here is a site where you can get Yasko's analysis, which includes a lot of text, as well as suggested supps. https://www.knowyourgenetics.com/
    Here's what she has to say about COMT:
    Also, have you been to geneticgenie.org? mthfr.net is MTHFR expert Ben Lynch's site, there are also numerous vids of his available.

There's a link in my sig to Methylation for Dummies.

See more popular forum discussions.