1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Homo COMT & MAO. Should I be worried? ;)

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by TheGrandWazoo, Jul 13, 2014.

1. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo

My 23andme results came in today! What are your thoughts about these mutations?

Homozygous:
    COMT V158M
    COMT H62H
    MAO A R297R
    MTHFR A1298C
    MTRR A66G
    BHMT-08

Heterozygous:
    VDR Bsm
    VDR Taq
    MTHFR 03 P39P
    MTRR A664A
    AHCY-01
    AHCY-19
    CBS C699T
    CBS A360A
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I wouldn't worry about the MAOA and COMT - they don't really mean much. But MTRR A66G means that you recycle B12 at about 30% of the normal rate. Supplementing B12 can help with that. Some people have problems with methylB12, in which case hydroxoB12 is a safer option.
    Sushi likes this.
  3. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I agree with Valentijn, and also note the MTHFR A1298C +/+. That may affect the biopterin cycle and cause neurotransmitter problems (anxiety, depression, etc.- long list). It is addressed by supplementing methylfolate. Right now (without methylB12) the MTRR is reducing your use of methylfolate for the methyl cycle, but when you add the methylb12, it will use your methylfolate, making less of it available for the biopterin cycle. You may start to experience symptoms. If so, or if you already have symptoms, think about supplementing with methylfolate.
  4. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo

I have a bottle of Molybdenum that I ordered while waiting for my results. Is it worth taking for my mutations?

Thanks for the replies.
  5. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo

I took 75mcg Molybdenum and felt nausea shortly after. I'm not sure if the Molybdenum caused it. It this a common side effect?

See more popular forum discussions.