• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homebound Kiwis: what have you been offered by your doctors?

Ravn

Don't want to overload my helpful but sadly overworked doctor with requests for information on stuff that turns out to not even be available in NZ. Tests, medication, treatments you've been offered?

David Jackson

Hi @Ravn, I'm in New Zealand myself. No longer house bound or bedbound, but I once was.

I went the natural route in treating my CFS; seeing herbalists, energy healers and the like. One extremely talented health guy was able to help me a great deal over the phone; another very talented energy healer lady lives right over the road from me. Essentially; I got very lucky.

I didn't want to get any drug treatment or really anything else from an allopathic doctor, other than for her to sign my disability form so I could get a sickness benefit. After I got to the point when I could no longer leave the house, she was understanding, and didn't ask for me to come in; I could just email her if I needed anything.

I tried getting a bloodtest at home from the local district health nurse, but that proved to be a mistake, as she wasn't very experienced at taking blood. But that may be one option fro you, if you need some bloodwork done.

Feel free to message me if you want more details.