1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Lessons from ME/CFS: Finding Meaning in the Suffering
If you're aware of my previous articles here at Phoenix Rising then it's pretty clear that I don't generally spend my time musing upon the philosophy of the disease. I find it better to spend my time reading research and trying my best to break it down to its core elements and write...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Holy HOT FLASH!!

Discussion in 'Rituximab: News and Research' started by Jacque, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Jacque

Jacque Senior Member

USA - California
    Well had my 5 days of fun...sort of... meaning I got out of the house and said YES to doing a few things...

Now symptoms have returned.......:mad: Curious to know if any of you other Rituxans ;) are experiencing hot flashes/sweating? I mean have to go take a shower ... BAD... Don't know if it is messing with my hormones...or if my immune system is BURNING something OUT...

Neck/spine and muscles burning and still on 6 Norco a day... (hate that)

So I am trying to stay positive cuz obvoiusly "something" is happening... I also feel very swollen...fluid retention?

Are my symptoms just bein a "woman" or Rituxan related?? Hmmm

Feeling less optimistic today...:ill:
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Hot flushes... maybe just a side effect of the drug.

http://www.nras.org.uk/about_rheuma...d/which_drugs_are_used/rituximabmabthera.aspx
  3. Jacque

Jacque Senior Member

USA - California
    Yah... I am gonna talk to Dr. K about these melt downs and see if he thinks they are related... And I didn't have any of the infusion reactions...thank Goodness!!!!

See more popular forum discussions.