A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Holy Basil Dose for Mast Cell Disorder?

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by arieswmn, Dec 19, 2014.

1. arieswmn

arieswmn

Midwest
    I know some people find Holy Basil useful for Mast Cell issues. Does anyone know the max acceptable dose?

ebethc and SickOfSickness like this.
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I'm not sure about it, but holy basil can also have a cortisol suppressing effect. So you may want to be careful if your cortisol is low.

My cortisol is high and I suspected histamine issues, so I was looking into it myself.

Tammy likes this.
  3. arieswmn

arieswmn

Midwest
    Fortunately my cortisol is okay. Most of what I've read says that 2,000mg- 2,500mg is the typical max. However, these are all articles about using holy basil in general, not specifically about its use for mast cell issues.

4. Esther12

Esther12

I would love a cheap way of getting access to fresh holy basil in the UK. It's so delicious in stir-fries.

Just thinking about it has made me hungry. No idea about medicinal uses though.

See more popular forum discussions.