1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Holiday WPI donation idea

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by shrewsbury, Nov 18, 2009.

1. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

this was posted by Karen M. Campbell on co-cure today and I thought it was a good idea (I've slightly adapted it for the international market)

Donations for research

if 17 million ME/CFS patients each give $1/month, that's

$17,000,000 a month and $204,000,000/year

Just the money raised in one month would be over 3X more than the US government funds currently.

And it'll go where it'll do the most good - to good scientific research on xmrv and on ME/CFS.

Put that link in with your Christmas cards/e-cards, and ask friends to donate instead of giving you gifts.

For those older relatives who don't use computers,

Whittemore Peterson Institute,
    6600 N. Wingfield Parkway,
    Sparks NV 89436

I would rather have good health than more clutter in my house!

posted here by islandfinn:)
  2. kolowesi

kolowesi Senior Member

Central Texas
    donations for presents

Great idea. Thanks for posting this.

I've been using isearchigive and shopping on the igive sites. Even bought a few things, some stocking stuffers. It's fun and it reminds me of WPI every day.

Kelly

See more popular forum discussions.