1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

hiv like virus

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by chris123, Jul 23, 2011.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    it will be interesting if co-infections will still need to be treated or if lower the xmrv viral load will be enough for the immune system to kick in and fight these co-infections.

cheers!!!

2. gregf

gregf Senior Member

Sydney Australia
    Hi Chris,

XMRV is a retro virus like HIV and HTLV. But there is good news too.

HIV destroys a persons immune system. That does not happen to us.
    With rest, we can improve. I am a considerably better then 5 years ago, almost pain free.

If the XMRV test was easier to get in Aus, I am still not sure I would get it done yet. I have seen people who I am sure have ME, still test negative. I think the test is far from perfect and giving false negatives. Let them perfect it, then we can get it done.

Because the medical world abandoned us, the ME patient community is well organized online. You can find lots of help online for managing symptoms and, as I said, it is possible to improve to where life is enjoyable. Good luck.

3. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

"Almost pain free?'' That is nothing short of a miracle with ME. Have any secrets you want to share? I am glad someone is able to enjoy relative comfort.

See more popular forum discussions.