Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hillary Johnson's new blogpost April 3rd 2010

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Kati, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

2. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998

Excellent. Thanks for the heads up. I've only read the first few paragraphs but this already made my day.

:victory: :victory:

3. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Wow, that was heavy duty. I had to slow my reading right down in order to take in each words. Well done Hillary.

4. Navid

Navid Senior Member

wowza!!!!!

what a kick-ass writer

what a despicable little man

what a disgusting tragedy

thank you hillary for shining the light into the dark once again!!!!!

5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune Senior Member

NorthEastern USA
    She came out swinging

Wow, she certainly came out swinging.

There are so many players in the game. I do want to understand how a federal agency whose mission it is to protect the American health could smother progress so.

And with the impending increase of health care costs in the future coming from the federal government, I am more worried, not just for our community's issues, but everyone.

June

6. IntuneJune

IntuneJune Senior Member

NorthEastern USA
    Even though this is Easter Sunday and many active posters are engaged in other wonderful activities, I did think folks would be all over this thread!

June

7. leelaplay

leelaplay member

Here are some of the key points I knew nothing about before this article:

1. That these excellent research papers came out so long ago:

Buchwald,Komaroff, Cheney, Peterson et.al., “A Chronic Illness Characterized by Fatigue, Neurologic and Immunologic Disorders, And Active Human Herpesvirus Type 6 Infection,” Annals of Internal Medicine 116 (Jan. 15, 1992): 103-13.

And: Klimas et. al., "Immunologic Abnormalities in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome," Journal of Clinical Microbiology (June 1990): 1403-10.

2. To think that Reeves isn't the big monster; he's just a "hand puppet" of those above him setting policy

3. I skipped quotes on Reeves involvement with stealing millions, then becoming a whistle-blower to stay in his job.

4. The idea that ME/CFS needs its own department, like HIV/AIDS

5. Hadn't put 2 and 2 together that the CDC did present on XMRV at the CROI , but only on prostate cancer, not ME/CFS.

6. To start looking for who the puppet masters are, like a mid-level one, Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease at NIH, and trying to work on that level or higher.

And, finally, a reminder that the new director of the CDC seems like one of the "good guys", and that we really have an opportunity here to get him to straighten things out.

8. fred

fred The game is afoot

"It’s interesting that the generals in this war, with some exceptions, have tended to be weasely, over-compensating men, here and in the UK."

My emphasis.

Who can she mean?

9. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

Thanks for posting this. I've really missed her perspective. Nothing ambiguous about her!

And, interestingly, Dr Vernon was there at CDC, putting her name on Reeves's papers, etc., for most of those years. Now she's at CAA and criticizing WPI....and defending the Dutch/Wessely clones for using the Oxford definition.

10. Roy S

Roy S former DC ME/CFS lobbyist

Illinois, USA
    It's great to see Hillary post a blog again. She didn't write much about the CAA and went very easy on them, and I'll bet it's because Cort has slammed her so much. No doubt she knows more than she wrote about and I'd like to know it. She even named Cort on her page about plagiarism and copyright violation.
    http://oslersweb.com/work1.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I doubt it. I think Hillary Johnson says what she wants, when she wants.

12. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Roy,

I think that's because this is an article about Reeves. It's titled: A Handpuppet Bites the Dust: A Chronicle in Eight Parts.

13. MEKoan

MEKoan Senior Member

I truly don't know what the landscape of this illness would look like without her but it would be bleak and it's not exactly a pretty vista as it is!

Once again...

thank you Hillary Johnson

for continuing to tell it like it is.

14. V99

V99

UK
    Does anyone else think she has been behind the scenes gathering new info on the CFS story, perhaps we are about to get the next chapter.

15. vdt33

vdt33

Texas
    I'm so glad Hilary's back and still recording the history of this illness for posterity!!:balloons:

16. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

I think she does what she wants and when she wants as well. She's certainly got a way with words.

17. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

Want to make that conversation with Dr. Frieden about CFS become reality? Write the federal CFS advisory committee addressed to Dr. Wanda Jones at cfsac@hhs.gov. Ask Dr. Jones if the committee can invite Dr. Frieden to the meeting May 10.

See more popular forum discussions.