1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hillary Johnson: A Changing Terrain

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by _Kim_, Nov 13, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

November 12, 2009 from Osler's Web

Inside the Labyrinth
    THE FOG OF WAR
    A CHANGING TERRAIN

Hillary Johnson writes about the CFSAC meetings she attended on Oct 29th and 30th.

2. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Hillary and CFSAC

Thanks Kim for posting this.

Hillary's latest blog post is well worth reading in whole. Amazing that I watched the same CFSAC conference that Hillary did and she came up with this? It gives me shivers (in a very good way!) reading her take on it. I am impressed with how she can put it all in a larger, more meaningful and moving context.

Two sound bite worthy quotes (or fund-raising T-shirt slogans):

"BJM, Before Judy Mikovits"

"In Judy I trust."
  3. Koan

Koan Be the change.

She's a wonderful writer. Reading her is effortless.

We have been graced by her gifts.

Koan
  4. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
  5. Koan

Koan Be the change.

She does rock! And, what a stroke of brilliance to end with Don't Dream It's Over and have that rousing concert version right there for us. Sniff.

As to Sixpence... Heresy, indeed!

We might as well just use There She Goes which makes no sense at all!

Singing...

koan

ETA No, No! KISS ME! We can organize Kiss Ins and we'll all pucker up and walk towards Reeves and Weasely and White and... with Kiss Me playing!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xthkh_sixpence-none-the-richer-kiss-me_music
  6. anne

anne Guest

In Judy I trust. Exactly. Some people are so pleased with themselves for their doubt, but I believe in the study because of it's great credbility, and because it simply makes sense the way nothing else has. You cannot equate this with anything that's been surmised about CFS ever, because nothing has had the prestige of Science, or the co-sponsoring institutions, and nothing has made sense.
  7. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

Great stuff!

Loved the whole blog - its pure gold.
    Hilary's description of Annette Whittemore eventually getting to have her five minutes gave me a giggle. I cringed watching it on Youtube :eek:

Although the sixpence version is excellent, I have to vote for Crowded House too.
    :)
  8. jenbooks

jenbooks Guest

I am now a total convert to Hillary.
  9. Marylib

Marylib Senior Member

New Zealand
    The woman can write!!
  10. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    Thank you Kim for alerting us about Hillary's new blog. She is an extremely talented writer.

I'm curious about this:

At first I was thinking that that doesn't show that the patient had XMRV so I looked for the video of Dr. Peterson stating this and when I watched it I saw that right before this he talks about a patient from 1984 whose blood was frozen then and does have XMRV in it. It's at about 8:40 on this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHCCbKpja8
  11. What does this finding mean, what's the importance you can thaw out XMRV and still infect cells 20+ years later?

Does it mean it doesn't need a host to survive?

And so the way XMRV could be transmitted is different than first thought?

Thank you. ;)

See more popular forum discussions.