• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hilary Johnson - XMRV - THE BIG ONE

VillageLife

Hilary Johnson an author who has devoted her life to finding the truth to cfs has posted this on her website!

THE BIG ONE, JUNE 21, 2010:

I received a call today from an investigator at a major American university who is involved with XMRV research. He is the second reseacher-scientist to have advised me in as many weeks that a major research paper is about to be published in which the conclusions reached by the authors of the Science paper of October 9, 2009--which linked the gammaretrovirus XMRV to chronic fatigue syndrome and proved it was infectious--have been replicated. In addition, it seems the new data may be even stronger. In other words, the positivity rate among chronic fatigue syndrome patients may be significantly higher. In addition, silent or latent infections in the general population may be, in this new data, as much as twice as high as originally reported in Science.

The U.S. agencies involved are the Food and Drug Administration and the National Institutes of Health. The paper is currently in press at a highly respected journal. There initially was some concern that senior staff at the Centers for Disease Control might try to suppress this paper by intimidating the editors at the journal. My source today scoffed at that notion and suggested the prestige of the journal is such that any effort to squelch the data would be quite difficult.

At least one of the investigators involved in this new study has had a long-standing interest in the etiology of chronic fatigue syndrome.

The scientists who collaborated on this new study did their work entirely independently of the authors of last October's groundbreaking Science paper.

Now comes this press release today from the Netherlands, titled, "FDA and NIH confirm 'XMRV' Findings."

Here is the link http://www.mmdnewswire.com:80/xmrv-9040.html to the press release.

(more to come)

alex3619

Hi villagelife

I find it interesting that this news was going to break today no matter what. Hillary's first two sources were apparently independent of the dutch news people who leaked it a few hours ago.

This was going to be the biggest day for us sinced October 8 2009 no matter what.

Bye
Alex