Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hilary Johnson tells it like it is

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by LaurelW, Feb 22, 2011.

1. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
  2. justinreilly

justinreilly Senior Member

NYC (& RI)
    This excerpt about McCleary saying to the govt that she's "resisting" pressure from patients to recommend banning blood donation from pwME made me absolutely sick! Really, she's at war with us, just like CDC:

http://oslersweb.com/blog.htm?post=774136

3. 5150

5150 Senior Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for the heads up re Rubber Meets Road , Feb '11 , now being available.

If patients know people who are yet unaware of our situation, Hillary's blog is an excellent fast-read introduction.

Every time I read the chronicles, there is a stunned feeling of science fiction about it. The latest entry continues that feeling at its' worst.

the story line is almost unbelievable, if I didn't already know it is true.

4. Michael Dessin

Michael Dessin Senior Member

Ohio
    yes so true!!

5. cigana

cigana Senior Member

UK
    That's made me really angry. We have to get rid of McCleary and find out who the anonymous donors are as a matter of urgency.

6. muffin

muffin Senior Member

I have to admit that I was so very caught off guard when CAA put in Vernon from the CDC. NOT a fan of Vernon and that selection was a big mistake by the CAA.

NOT taking shots at the CAA, but it really is time to do a reorganization and a return to the original goals and missions as set forth by Founder Iverson.

7. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Hillary Johnson is coming to us (UK) in May Invest in ME London Conference - very much looking forward.

8. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    What about if they dont ban cfs blood donations , that we organise a big group of cfs patients and where a shirt that says i possibly have a retrovirus causing cfs/me (have to be a big shirt i suppose but get the idea) and we all go and donate blood and let the tv stations know about it, now that would stir everything up, wouldnt it!!!
    Hopefully a few psychobabblers need a blood transfusion and then we can tell them that they should be right if the keep exercising, lol.

Now would that get attention or what!!!

cheers!!!

9. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    CDC and Wessely would like that.. as without them doing anything, it would make us all look like nuts and like we have psych issues.

10. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    I thought ME/CFS blood donations was banned in most major countries now?

GG

PS I like the idea of the T-shirts.

11. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    I've been squarely on the fence regarding Kim McCleary. But now I'm really beginning to lean a little. The question bodes whether it's only her or the whole CAA. And what can one do except not support the CAA financially? Have a (petition) vote of No-Confidence is the only one left (that I can think of) and it's a drastic one at that.

12. Doogle

Doogle Senior Member

Desdinova,

You can record your vote:

Here How do you feel about The CAA?

And/or here Petition to disassociate from CFIDS Association of America as our advocacy representative

See more popular forum discussions.