1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hilary Johnson on Annette Whittemore, Dr. Mikovits and the London Conference

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Cort, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    A great blog by Hilary Johnson on the WPI's presentations at the Invest in ME's London Conference. It really gives you a sense of how committed these people are - they are talented and they are in it for the long run. Very inspiring.

For the rest of the blog: http://oslersweb.com/blog.htm?post=623914

(Annette's daughter, despite the best treatments they can find, is apparently VERY ill.)

For the rest of the blog: http://oslersweb.com/blog.htm?post=623914
  2. KC22

KC22 Senior Member

Ohio
    Thanks, Cort!!!

This was a great article. These people give me hope!!! It never ceases to amaze me that there can be these wonderful scientists/doctors working tirelessly for our cause and the govt. gives them no help...

I am going over to WPI and give my little contribution.

Thanks for sharing this with us...
  3. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Good for you; it's taken a mother with a sick daughter with clout and, a top researcher (finally) and honestly, a cancer cluster to make this thing go. That cancer cluster was essential - it got the attention of Dr. Mikovits who, of course, has big connections at the NCI. We hear a lot about the bad stuff - the researchers that aren't interested - but we don't hear about the genuine excitement that many researchers feel when they do get into this field. I think they sense they can make an incredible difference here and they really feel for all the patients that have been so poorly treated over the years. It's great to hear that they are jazzed about the work!:D
  4. Navid

Navid Senior Member

Mike's Dr and Dr. Judy

I don't know if it's just me or if others had a similar thought...but as soon as i read these posts....my mind yelled to itself: why isn't mike's doctor talking to dr. judy at wpi?

just askin'

thanks, lisa
  5. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Not yet; the WPI is on an entirely different track. They want to produce something that insurance company's will pick up and make available to everyone. They are looking for immune modulators - which would presumably have a similar effect to Mike's treatment.

Annette Whittemore's daughter is very ill; she relapsed badly after she had to go off of Ampligen. We're keeping her informed of how the patients do in the trial. She's in a difficult position; I doubt Dr Peterson thinks much of homeopathy injections or neural therapy but she definitely wants to keep informed. Believe me, we informing her as much as we can!
  6. Navid

Navid Senior Member

thanks for the response

as soon as i posted it, i realized it was naive (sp?) to think that this was even possible. pie in the sky dreamin....oh well : )
  7. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    I was naive alot longer than you were (months longer!). Still you never know. Some of the people going in there are well connected; they know Annette. If they can turn the table on their illness......Annette is obviously a very determined woman! Despite Mike trying to keep my feet to the ground I still have hope. Who knows what could happen??????:)
  8. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. I was wondering how they found Mikovits. Her experience seems perfect for CFS. Turns out she was sitting in the audience when Peterson asked for help.

See more popular forum discussions.