When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Higher level key contacts for Australian NHMRC $5M research funding & Senate Hearing Oct 25th

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Kenny Banya, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    BIOLOGICAL RESEARCH ONLY
    BIOLOGICAL RESEARCH ONLY

Now that is cleared up, I have obtained the key contacts to pressure the Australian National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) into investing the $5M into biological research only.

Samantha Robertson is the Executive Director, Evidence Advice & Governance who is overseeing the formulation of the purpose made ME/CFS research committee & who will comprise that committee.
    Her email is (don’t say how you got it):

Samantha.Robertson@nhmrc.gov.au

Her personal assistant for CCing emails is Cathy Connor:

ME_CFS@nhmrc.gov.au

We don’t want psychologists, psychiatrists, exercise therapists or physiotherapists on the committee. I made it blunt to her & you should too.

Secondly, Senator Richard Di Natale has agreed to take over the broader issue from the previous Senator & champion, Scott Ludlam.
    There will be a Senate Estimates Hearing for health on October 25th
    Richard has asked me to direct issues & questions I would like raised at this hearing to his health policy advisor Sophie Nicolle.
    Her email is:

Sophie.nicolle@aph.gov.au

It will probably be Professor Anne Kelso, chief executive of the NHMRC, as the respondent/advisor at the Senate Hearing, but I am guessing Samantha Robertson will be alongside to clarify any ambiguous points.

2. Kenny Banya

Kenny Banya Senior Member

Australia
    Here is Samantha Robertson’s reply to my email a few days ago:

(She cocked up a little bit & lists her mobile phone number in her email signature.
    No, I’m not listing it!)

Hutan likes this.
  3. Rossy191276

Rossy191276 Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    I will write tomorrow Kenny... thankyou

4. lafarfelue

lafarfelue Senior Member

Australia
    Side note: That'll be her work mobile, and it's not uncommon for Executive Directors to include this in their correspondence. Very likely goes straight to her EA's phone.

See more popular forum discussions.