• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High THC Cannabis - Sleep inducer and MCS Buster (!)

NotThisGuy

This is a really good overview. Mary's medicinals has a product high in CBN and THCa that is for sleep. I really would like to try it but it's quite expensive and I would have to travel three hours to find a dispensary that carries it.

I dont know what you mean with CBN (I guess a typo for CBD?)
But I do know that there are strains extra for high CBG.
It is a pretty unknown cannabinoide and it is supposed to help with sleep issues.
I think the mechanism behind this is that it inhibits the reuptake of gaba. Dont know if this is speculation or already confirmed though.

But I do know that there are strains extra for high CBG.
It is a pretty unknown cannabinoide and it is supposed to help with sleep issues.
I think the mechanism behind this is that it inhibits the reuptake of gaba. Dont know if this is speculation or already confirmed though.
CBN is what THC becomes after it has oxidised. CBN is similar to CBG in that it also is supposedly sedating. Some are experimenting by heating flowers for hours in the oven to carboxilate the THC to CBN. This can also apparently be done by heating CBD oil. Also, flowers left on the plant longer tend to have more CBN.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
One of my vaping cartridges lists a small % of CBN as an ingredient.

Here is something interesting that I am discovering: If I wake up early in the morning (a couple of hours before I want to get up) and I take a couple of tiny puffs from on my Indica cartridge, I wake up with a clear head--almost no brain fog. But it is seeming that it has to be taken close to wake-up time and that the puff I took before bed don't bring this effect.

One of my vaping cartridges lists a small % of CBN as an ingredient.

Here is something interesting that I am discovering: If I wake up early in the morning (a couple of hours before I want to get up) and I take a couple of tiny puffs from on my Indica cartridge, I wake up with a clear head--almost no brain fog. But it is seeming that it has to be taken close to wake-up time and that the puff I took before bed don't bring this effect.
That makes sense to me because the brain detoxes while we sleep and if we're chronically ill, that process may not happen very efficiently. Maybe that morning puff helps you clear the cobwebs of the nights incomplete detoxification process. Just speculation.

Maybe edibles would be more likely to last you through the night?

Strawberry

My friend taking high THC has build up a tolerance but no dependence. I'm taking it only when needed for that reason. No signs of tolerance for me taking it a couple of times a week.

If you build up a tolerance, it will be more expensive from using more, but if it eliminates your MCS that well (good grief, new carpet! kill me) then to me it would be worth the price.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
The more you take the more you need to take to have similar effects.
My friend taking high THC has build up a tolerance but no dependence.

Some people become sensitized and lose the previous benefits as the body produces more cannabinoid receptors. In this case it might help to lower the dose to get those previous benefits back.

Here are some very good CBD resources:
* www.projectcbd.org - detailed, comprehensive
* healer.com - by Dr. Sulak who has a lot of experience with using cannabis to help his patients.