• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High THC Cannabis - Sleep inducer and MCS Buster (!)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I never, ever expected this. I'm taking high THC cannabis in the form of candy or paste for sleep from time to time. (Don't want to build up tolerance - which I have heard can happen.) It works like a charm I can feel a calmness flow over my body, my body relaxes and my pain disappears and I go to sleep and usually stay asleep

The amazing thing is that it also knocks out my chemical sensitivities - something I've never been able to achieve in 20 years. (I've had pretty bad chemical sensitivities for about 20 years.) I haven't been able to comfortably sleep inside for that entire time. My body just will not settle down.

But using very small amounts of high THC cannabis I was able to sleep for 10 nights in a row in a bedroom in which a new carpet had been installed about six months ago. That's unprecedented for me that it's hard to believe.

It makes me think that MCS is indeed result of a hyperactive system which the high THC cannabis calms down remarkably.

The only side effects are sometimes some initial drowsiness in the morning if I've taken too much the night before.

For me its also remarkably cost-effective; I need very small amounts of it to fall asleep and stay asleep. I rarely wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning while using it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It makes me think that MCS is indeed result of a hyperactive system which the high THC cannabis calms down remarkably.
Great news Cort! I hadn't heard of the effect on MCS but if others with MCS can replicate this, it is significant both for research and and of course as help for other MCS patients who don't have a lot of treatment options. Do you mind saying what % THC you are using?

E.man

Don't know about MCS but the rest is "yep ".

It's a sedative so will relax the body. For many it will relax the mind also. ... zzzz. Nice :)

Still illegal here and we can get big problems if tested positive for use if driving for about 2? Months after use.(fat based drug stays in body thus detection and possibly development of some tolerance ).

Navid

Can anyone post the name of the high THC product they use that is helping with sleep....with low psychoactive effects. I have been afraid to try high THC b/c I don't like feeling stoned I get paranoid. I have been buying/trying low THC, high CBD but it has not helped me make it through the 3-4am anxiety filled wake up every night/morning.

I'm reaching out for help because there are toooooooooo many choices just like every product in America: toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. I get overwhelmed with the number of choices and don't know how to choose what is best for me.....I just want to get a good full nights sleep, pain relief would be nice too.....but no stoned paranoia with that, please.

Thanks to all.

I am in CA. the land of legal recreational weed. God Bless California : )

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Great news Cort! I hadn't heard of the effect on MCS but if others with MCS can replicate this, it is significant both for research and and of course as help for other MCS patients who don't have a lot of treatment options. Do you mind saying what % THC you are using?
God bless California - absolutely! (And God Bless Jerry Brown) It's actually from California - somebody very nicely gave me some. One is a bag of candy w/300 mgs. THC. The other, which is much stronger, is a paste that comes in a syringe. Just a very little bit of it is enough for me.

And no paranoia - I quite smoking dope in college because of the paranoia but haven't had any with this.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Can you share the name of the cannabis you are using; there are so many out there it would be nice to just purchase something that someone has already had success using.

Congrats to you and thanks for sharing.

Did you buy in CA.

@Cort

Yes in California. The paste is much stronger. It's the only thing I've gotten high in. I took too much one day and woke up and wandered around thinking how beautiful the trees were :)

The person I got it from has to use high THC products. Nothing else helps her sleep

The gummies are from candy -stripers

Cannabis---Candy-strippers-THC.jpg

Cannabis-Paste.jpg

Last edited:

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Can anyone post the name of the high THC product they use that is helping with sleep....with low psychoactive effects. I have been afraid to try high THC b/c I don't like feeling stoned I get paranoid. I have been buying/trying low THC, high CBD but it has not helped me make it through the 3-4am anxiety filled wake up every night/morning.

I'm reaching out for help because there are toooooooooo many choices just like every product in America: toilet paper, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. I get overwhelmed with the number of choices and don't know how to choose what is best for me.....I just want to get a good full nights sleep, pain relief would be nice too.....but no stoned paranoia with that, please.

Thanks to all.

I am in CA. the land of legal recreational weed. God Bless California : )
Candy-stripers 300 mg THC gummies

Cannabis---Candy-strippers-THC.jpg

Last edited:

Sushi

I am in a state where medical cannabis is legal (I have a state issued card) but recreational is not. So the products that I can get are regulated by the state and they cap THC at 70%. I have an Indica oil cartridge that is vaped. It is 69% THC and I have never had any psychoactive effects. This cartridge is made by Elemental but doesn't have their label. The label is from the state dispensary and just says Indica. I am finding that, along with helping sleep, my head is usually clearer in the morning after using it.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I am in a state where medical cannabis is legal (I have a state issued card) but recreational is not. So the products that I can get are regulated by the state and they cap THC at 70%. I have an Indica oil cartridge that is vaped. It is 69% THC and I have never had any psychoactive effects. This cartridge is made by Elemental but doesn't have their label. The label is from the state dispensary and just says Indica. I am finding that, along with helping sleep, my head is usually clearer in the morning after using it.
Is New Mexico contemplating complete legalization I wonder?

Sushi

Is New Mexico contemplating complete legalization I wonder?
I'd guess that the popular vote would approve it, but we would need a change at the top--could happen. The state is "expanding its medical cannabis program"--whatever that means.

consuegra

I never, ever expected this. I'm taking high THC cannabis in the form of candy or paste for sleep from time to time. (Don't want to build up tolerance - which I have heard can happen.) It works like a charm I can feel a calmness flow over my body, my body relaxes and my pain disappears and I go to sleep and usually stay asleep

The amazing thing is that it also knocks out my chemical sensitivities - something I've never been able to achieve in 20 years. (I've had pretty bad chemical sensitivities for about 20 years.) I haven't been able to comfortably sleep inside for that entire time. My body just will not settle down.

But using very small amounts of high THC cannabis I was able to sleep for 10 nights in a row in a bedroom in which a new carpet had been installed about six months ago. That's unprecedented for me that it's hard to believe.

The only side effects are sometimes some initial drowsiness in the morning if I've taken too much the night before.

For me its also remarkably cost-effective; I need very small amounts of it to fall asleep and stay asleep. I rarely wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning while using it.

What is the THC/CBD mixture? How much do you take? Does it knock you out? What about dreams? Do you have extreme dreams?

Chris

jesse's mom

I live in Alabama, the LAST place THC will be legal in probably the world!
I am so envious!
I have been an avid cannabis advocate for many moons.
How nice it would be for me to know exactly how potent a strain by packaging; instead we poor souls in the deep south are still obtaining it like it is the 1980's and just "getting what we can get".
I can assure you that THC calms every part of my illness... Except the fungal symptoms.

For me the paranoia part is not so much the strain on the flower, but being in the right place... no people who make me uncomfortable, being in control of the volume and light. No real task to accomplish.

It is good for watching a movie and going to take a nap or sleep for the night.

Look, I can't walk around the neighborhood while high on THC... (as if that is easy in the first place)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I live in Alabama, the LAST place THC will be legal in probably the world!
I am so envious!
I have been an avid cannabis advocate for many moons.
How nice it would be for me to know exactly how potent a strain by packaging; instead we poor souls in the deep south are still obtaining it like it is the 1980's and just "getting what we can get".
I can assure you that THC calms every part of my illness... Except the fungal symptoms.

For me the paranoia part is not so much the strain on the flower, but being in the right place... no people who make me uncomfortable, being in control of the volume and light. No real task to accomplish.

It is good for watching a movie and going to take a nap or sleep for the night.

Look, I can't walk around the neighborhood while high on THC... (as if that is easy in the first place)

It's very calming...I think that's why its working.

Very different my drug days during high school. I haven't gotten the munchies either. (Or the paranoia thank god...I was a little hesitant but no sign of that.)

I wouldn't take this during the daytime. It's a night-time sleep aid for me...The higher the THC the better I think. The paste gives the purest effect.

At some point we're going to get good data on what's in what.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
What is the THC/CBD mixture? How much do you take? Does it knock you out? What about dreams? Do you have extreme dreams?

Chris
Hi Chris...I don't have extreme dreams...I just sleep. It takes VERY little for me - with the paste just a drop of it, with the gummy bears just a little nibble - that's how I tend to respond to things anyway. Just a few sips of caffeine and I'm flying. So I may be different than the average bear.

I don't know about the THC/CBD mixture - all it gives is the total THC content. The person I got it from needs very high THC levels so I assume its pretty high.

consuegra

Hi Chris...I don't have extreme dreams...I just sleep. It takes VERY little for me - with the paste just a drop of it, with the gummy bears just a little nibble - that's how I tend to respond to things anyway. Just a few sips of caffeine and I'm flying. So I may be different than the average bear.

I don't know about the THC/CBD mixture - all it gives is the total THC content. The person I got it from needs very high THC levels so I assume its pretty high.

Thanks for this information. You are correct that each person is different and especially each person with ME/CFS. It often takes a lot of experimentation, which is sometimes hard for patients to do.

Chris