Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High serum B6 with tons of fasiculatoion paresthesias

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by mtnwoman, Dec 13, 2016.

1. mtnwoman

mtnwoman

Hello,
    I'm more of a lurker but appreciate the accumulated wisdom here.

I have a friend with a very high serum Vit B6, > 100 (Labcorp 5.3-46). His B12 is also high. He was taking a product with B6 50mg and is now off all Vit B6 but is now taking solely P5P.

We are wondering if his 6 year symptoms of fasiculations and paresthesias could be related to his high B6. He has lyme but has had no change in fasiculations ith 6 months of pulsed antibiotics. .

He has C677T/A1298C; +/- COMT V158M, and +/- VDR Taq , CBS C699T +/-, NOS ++

Any way to test intracellular B6 or B12? Any ideas on how to counter B6 toxicity, if this is what it is?

--much appreciated

2. JES

JES Senior Member

B6 can cause neuropathy/paresthesias, but typically around a dosage of 200 mg per day. I would say 50 mg is unlikely to be an issue as that's what most B complexes sold contain. Also my understanding is that the neuropathy from B6 is usually fully reversible once you stop supplementing.

I have small fiber neuropathy & paresthesias and they are immune/CFS related. I reckon I once had a very high blood B6 level measured in lab. I don't supplement with B6, so either it means I have some conversion problem or the lab test is inaccurate. Either way, I think the high B6 doesn't mean much.

See more popular forum discussions.