Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High Pulse - over 100 at rest

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by snowathlete, Dec 29, 2011.

1. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I have the same problem w high heart rate. Things that help me:
    1) Laying down like a mad person wherever/whenever if it goes over109, pharmacy, i don't care I go horizontal. The more I avoid going aerobic the better over time it gets.
    2) I have tried supplements and monitored HR, the best so far to lower is MB12 and Olive leaf extract (taking them the moment is high).
    3) Pedialite, If I keep hydrated less HR variability.
    4) Food, I check my HR as I eat, if HR goes up too much while eating certain foods, then I avoid, Example: Rice, Whitebread...
    5) Exercise. I get PEM so only do stretching (a few minutes) and next day I get better reading.

ahimsa likes this.
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    thanks Lnester7 i will have a think / try of some of these.

I was already thinking about olive leaf extract as its supposed to be a very good antiviral, but its quite expensive it seems.

3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I tried a few brands and had better results w the extended one (Herbal Actives Olive Leaf (30 tablets) by Nature's Plus). But I was taking Kefir to protect stomach (still am). (I read somewhere that OLE can affect the good gut). I stopped even though I felt awesome while on it, because I was afraid of the gut. Good luck!!

4. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida
    I have heard that you have a certain amount of heart beats and your done as well but Im not quite sure how this was scientifically calculated... ??? :cool:

5. November Girl

November Girl Senior Member

Texas
    I saw the doc today, and she thought I could try it again, as Bistolec (sp?) is a beta blocker that is not supposed to affect asthma. I took one about 6 hours ago, and don't seem to have a problem. I did cut the dose from 5mg to 2.5 at doctor's suggestion.

When I had such a horrid reaction, I knew it was possible that the weather change was the only trigger, as I always react badly to the first really cold spell each fall. Otoh, I also forget just how bad my reaction is until the next year! Since my birthday is late November, it's nearly certain that I'll feel rotten that day. I'm seriously considering a switch to a half-birthday celebration.:D

See more popular forum discussions.