1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High Pulse - over 100 at rest

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by snowathlete, Dec 29, 2011.

1. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I have the same problem w high heart rate. Things that help me:
    1) Laying down like a mad person wherever/whenever if it goes over109, pharmacy, i don't care I go horizontal. The more I avoid going aerobic the better over time it gets.
    2) I have tried supplements and monitored HR, the best so far to lower is MB12 and Olive leaf extract (taking them the moment is high).
    3) Pedialite, If I keep hydrated less HR variability.
    4) Food, I check my HR as I eat, if HR goes up too much while eating certain foods, then I avoid, Example: Rice, Whitebread...
    5) Exercise. I get PEM so only do stretching (a few minutes) and next day I get better reading.

ahimsa likes this.
  2. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    thanks Lnester7 i will have a think / try of some of these.

I was already thinking about olive leaf extract as its supposed to be a very good antiviral, but its quite expensive it seems.

3. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I tried a few brands and had better results w the extended one (Herbal Actives Olive Leaf (30 tablets) by Nature's Plus). But I was taking Kefir to protect stomach (still am). (I read somewhere that OLE can affect the good gut). I stopped even though I felt awesome while on it, because I was afraid of the gut. Good luck!!

4. m1she11e

m1she11e Senior Member

Florida
    I have heard that you have a certain amount of heart beats and your done as well but Im not quite sure how this was scientifically calculated... ??? :cool:

5. November Girl

November Girl Senior Member

Texas
    I saw the doc today, and she thought I could try it again, as Bistolec (sp?) is a beta blocker that is not supposed to affect asthma. I took one about 6 hours ago, and don't seem to have a problem. I did cut the dose from 5mg to 2.5 at doctor's suggestion.

When I had such a horrid reaction, I knew it was possible that the weather change was the only trigger, as I always react badly to the first really cold spell each fall. Otoh, I also forget just how bad my reaction is until the next year! Since my birthday is late November, it's nearly certain that I'll feel rotten that day. I'm seriously considering a switch to a half-birthday celebration.:D

See more popular forum discussions.