1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"High prevalence of potential biases threatens the interpretation of trials ..."

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I haven't read this yet. Hopefully I will get to, eventually.

Anyway, thought I'd highlight it. Again, it's probably going to be of "minority interest". I find these sorts of papers of interest to see what is seen as bad practice in ME/CFS/similar trials.

Full free text: http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1741-7015-9-73.pdf

2. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Interesting Dolphin - haven't read yet - but the Conclusion is pretty much as one suspects.
  3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    this is a trial to show that trials of chronic illnesses don't work?
    Does anyone else think this is humorous?
  4. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    Wow! Reallllllllllly? To bad no one will really pay it much attention. Because studies have for the most part become 'a means to and end', A way to validate something regardless of flaws or validity and a way to cover or limit ones self from legal action.

See more popular forum discussions.