• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Methionine and low Taurine?

vortex

I am on the methylation protocol and re-ran the HDRI panel and it is showing high methionine and low taurine.

I attached my results, can anyone suggest what I need to do to balance these?

Attachments

• methylation 22-17.png
    methylation 22-17.png
    543.7 KB · Views: 22

NotThisGuy

I am on the methylation protocol and re-ran the HDRI panel and it is showing high methionine and low taurine.

I attached my results, can anyone suggest what I need to do to balance these?

what kind of supplements are you taking?
It doesnt look like MeB12 and MeFolate is the missing piece. Since both of them help methionine-synthase they wont lower your methionine.
I'm actually not very sure what is needed to convert methionine into SAMe but I think selenium and magnesium played an important role in it.
Maybe because of high choline or TMG too much homocysteine flows into methionine over the BHMT pathway?
Since cysteine and cystathionine aren't high you might try P5P (active b6).
P5P is also needed to make Taurine out of Cysteine.

vortex

I am taking b-right with additional metylfolate booster. I do take 25mg p5p also at night.

I think I am going to add DMG to plug up my bhmt which I have double snps's on bhmt-2,4,8!

thanks for your help.