1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

high glutamate

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by lizw118, May 19, 2012.

1. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Marco wrote a series of articles about ME/CFS being a neuroinflammatory disorder. One of them focused specifically on glutamate. This one has links to the other three articles (including the one on glutamate) at the end of the article:
    http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...akes-on-symptoms-of-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/

Rich thought one of the causes of high glutamate was low glutathione in the brain for which he recommended L-cystine (rather than L-cysteine or NAC). He also thought low manganese could be an issue. This is a discussion between him and Asklipia.
    Here Rich explains his reasoning for low glutathione in the brain causing high glutamate
    This is the study Rich was referring to about low glutathione in the brain

Jarod likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.