Red Hot researchers spice up Chilli ME Challenge — Live!
Watch renowned researchers Drs. Ian Lipkin and Mady Hornig take the Chilli ME Challenge, LIVE from New York by webcast this coming Wednesday, 1st July at 1 p.m. EST.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High dose Vitamin C for EBV

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by SpecialK82, May 7, 2014.

1. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    Wow, I'd love to try high-dose IV Vitamin C for EBV, has anyone here tried it? :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24793092

"The clinical study of ascorbic acid and EBV infection showed the reduction in EBV EA IgG and EBV VCA IgM antibody levels over time during IVC therapy that is consistent with observations from the literature that millimolar levels of ascorbate hinder viral infection and replication in vitro'"

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I did 50-75g of IV C two to three times a week for about 6 months.

It made absolutely no difference to my viral titers unfortunately or to my symptoms.

SpecialK82 and maryb like this.
  3. Mudhole

Mudhole

There is a doctor here in the US, Thomas Levy, who is a big advocate of high dosage IV vitamin C .Healer, humbug, or simply deluded? I can't say.

SpecialK82 likes this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Whitaker Wellness in Newport Beach is also huge on vitamin IV's. I don't know anyone with ME/CFS who got a significant benefit from them.

5. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Adelaide, Australia
    The only thing it did for me was drain my bank account and worsen my diarrhoea.

Sidereal, maryb, Waverunner and 2 others like this.
  6. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 Senior Member

USA
    Sorry to you all who tried it without success. I wonder if the doses in the study were higher...... Well, I'll not go look for it immediately, lol, thanks for the replies.

7. Soundthealarm21

Soundthealarm21 Senior Member

Dallas, TX
    I did them as well.

50 grams 2 times per week and it didn't do anything to my titers unfortunately. I have heard and met several people that say that it's helped them though. I believe they were doing more than just Vitamin C. I would assume a Meyer's Cocktail with Glutathione.

SpecialK82 likes this.
  8. Thomas

Thomas Senior Member

Ontario
    Wow that's a big commitment and I'm sorry it didn't work out. I had my first IV Vitamin C infusion today (just 15g to start then work up). I hope it does something but I'm not going to give it 6 months. I read Jay Goldstein had good success with this treatment.

9. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I'm going to try it after I get my amalgams out, if it helped my viral titres as well then it'd be a double bonus. Hope it helps you @Thomas

Thomas likes this.
  10. redrachel76

redrachel76 Senior Member

Israel
    Don't know if it is relevent. I take high dose oral Vitamin C (ester C ) for years. I take a minimum of 3000mg per day. It helps with my constipation and brain fog and general symptoms.

Helen likes this.
  11. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    High dose IV vit. C did not help me.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior Member

Ontario
    I did one 15g infusion yesterday. Going back next week for more.
    Don't feel so great today but that could be from just going to the appointment or something I ate. Are there any detox or die-off symptoms associated with IV C from an ME perspective?

13. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I did slightly lower doses, also for about 6 months. No effect on anything that I could tell--including EBV titers.

14. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hmm, but it might be good if you come down with Shingles.

GG

15. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    I don't get it?

16. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Hmm, I was referring to taking Vitamin C. My brother and a friend came down with it this winter, neither were over the age of 50, which is the age that they recommend getting the vaccine.

gg

17. James1324

James1324

I did a 100g of vit c in a months time and about 20g of b12, felt amazing. Especially the b12 injections, gave me motivation and stamina. After a EBV attack.

See more popular forum discussions.