Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

High dose vitamin B1 (thiamine)

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by manoka, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Ravn

Ravn

Thanks @JasonUT. Did you get any benefit? How long did it take you to get normal test results?

My doctor tried to order a thiamine test for me before I embarked on my experiment but this was refused so I'm flying blind and have only my symptoms to go by. Maybe I should try telling them I've been overdosing and therefore urgently need a test now;) This strategy did work for a magnesium test once:rolleyes:

Has anybody here been able to judge just from symptoms when/if they can reduce their dose? How?

2. JasonUT

JasonUT Senior Member

Yes, improved energy and cognition. Improvements seems to be continuing, but at a much much slower pace. I complete a SpectraCell Micronutrient panel every 3 months. With that said, it took one 3 month test cycle to show improved B1 levels with Lipothiamine 400 mg. Additionally, I had several deficiencies which needed to be worked concurrently. There is still work to be done based on my latest results highlighted in post #89.

I wish I new an answer to this. I struggle with this everyday.

sb4 and Ravn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.